• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    "The Firearms Registration Section is currently processing applications received on March 15, 2013 for initial reviews while secondary reviews are working on applications received on March 01, 2013.

In keeping with our commitment to public safety, a new NICS check will be conducted for those
    applications having a NICS expiration date due to expire within 5 days of being stamped "Not
    Disapproved"."

?? I dont follow? Does this mean they will REDO the NICS check because it took them so long to process????

CATMdude

I like turtles
    Dec 29, 2012
    Frederick
    "The Firearms Registration Section is currently processing applications received on March 15, 2013 for initial reviews while secondary reviews are working on applications received on March 01, 2013.

In keeping with our commitment to public safety, a new NICS check will be conducted for those
    applications having a NICS expiration date due to expire within 5 days of being stamped "Not
    Disapproved"."

?? I dont follow? Does this mean they will REDO the NICS check because it took them so long to process????

Sounds like it. I think the NICS number is only good for 30 days.

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    Have they ever released the number of checks that passed the NICS that then failed the super specail MSP bkgd checks???

bogus130

Jan 23, 2013
    Have they ever released the number of checks that passed the NICS that then failed the super specail MSP bkgd checks???

I would really like to know this question as well. Are these extra background checks even worth it!?

mdshooter9090

Jan 29, 2013

The fact is it's a waste of money.

Like recycling, they buy Blue trashcans but the Janitors will tell you they don't recycle. They throw everything in the Trashcan. Even Guiliani in NY City told the people this - that they don't recycle - too expensive. In Washington State they said "Quit recycling glass products because there is no money in it, it doesn't generate revenue."

I can not believe that recycling generates money but it's taught to kids in Elementary schools, mandatory. I can't believe that someone that passes a FBI NICS check will fail a Maryland Super Duper 18 Database check.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    The fact is it's a waste of money.

Like recycling, they buy Blue trashcans but the Janitors will tell you they don't recycle. They throw everything in the Trashcan. Even Guiliani in NY City told the people this - that they don't recycle - too expensive. In Washington State they said "Quit recycling glass products because there is on money in it, it doesn't generate revenue."

I can not believe that recycling generates money but it's taught to kids in Elementary schools, mandatory. I can't believe that someone that passes a FBI NICS check will fail a Maryland Super Duper 18 Database check.

unless they are using the IRS' secret database :D

Bean Guy

Apr 4, 2013
    Eldersburg
    What it really means is that they have the time and money to have some body at MSP post this on Facebook instead of pitching in and getting the backlog caught up.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    Have they ever released the number of checks that passed the NICS that then failed the super special MSP background checks???

Yes. Lou (Industry Partner, Shooter's discount) has said he has had customers come in and buy an unregulated firearm, pass a NICS check and file paperwork for a regulated firearm and that paperwork has come back disapproved.

I would really like to know this question as well. Are these extra background checks even worth it!?

About as useful as MD IBIS system. Broken since 2008 and IIRC, only closed one crime when it did work, yet the operation still gets some $2 million in state funding to "log" all those spent rounds when you buy a new firearm.

I think of it like this. If you owe the state anything or anyone else anything (spousal/child support, unpaid parking tickets, etc) then they will not let you play in the Second Amendment pool. What steps you need to resolve this disapproved status when you have passed a standard NICS for unregulated items is a mystery to me. I've never failed an unregulated check and I'm still waiting for my damn regulated paperwork.

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    I absolutely believe that people will pass a NICS check but fail the Maryland check.

Why?

Maryland doesn't actively contribute to NICS. You can commit any number of disqualifying offenses in Maryland and NICS will never know about it.

The moral of the story? If you have a rap sheet in Maryland and want to buy a gun legally, all you gotta do is move out of state.

Great system isn't it?

Last edited:

MDLiberty

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 9, 2013
    AA Co.
    what a waste of time. No reason why the FFL can't do a NICS check while you are waiting. Just more waste from this terrible government.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom