Any training classes this weekend(7/27/16)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ascorb

Mar 2, 2016
    Any Training Classes for Handgun or Rifles this weekend that are NON Begginer/HQL/Womens only/CCW? I no longer fit in any of these categories and I'm not allowed in womens only classes. The weather is nice this weekend =).

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    do a shooting competition! you can do both idpa and falling steel at peacemaker saturday am and pm. look in the competition forum for other listings.

ascorb

Mar 2, 2016
    do a shooting competition! you can do both idpa and falling steel at peacemaker saturday am and pm. look in the competition forum for other listings.

I suck at shooting afraid to look like an ass going to these competitions lol.

ascorb

Mar 2, 2016

is there anywhere that trains in IDPA or Falling steel specifically?

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    is there anywhere that trains in IDPA or Falling steel specifically?

i'm doing ipda in the morning and falling steel in the afternoon. i would be more than happy to put you in my squad and walk you thru everything you need to safely and funly (not a word?) do these matches. safety is by far the big thing (finger outside triggerguard while holstering, drawing, reloading, moving, clearing jams; muzzle always generally pointed downrange), then it's just go slow and get solid hits and you can always speed up later. i'm definitely not the fastest baddest dude out there but have done these a long time and will get all the bases and basics covered for you.

there are a lot of folks that do these with little to no firearms training etc so if you've had some of that you're already further along the curve.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    fyi falling steel (and steel challenge and most general steel matches) are great first matches as there are pretty much no rules other than the safety ones above (finger; muzzle). Just shoot the steel as fast as you can.

idpa (and uspsa) has (have) a bunch of rules but as long as you follow the safety rules, breaking the other rules just makes your score a little worse and doesn't send you home early or anything like that.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    I suck at shooting afraid to look like an ass going to these competitions lol.

Take Davsco's offer.

In IDPA, no one outside your squad even sees you shoot, and except for the primary & secondary SOs, the other people in your squad aren't paying attention to the clock or your hits and misses when you shoot. The only thing that makes people looks like an ass at one of these matches, is when they act like an ass. Be a normal friendly person, and you're goig to fit right in.

Again, take Davsco's offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom