• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I was going to get an EREE Tertiary to put on my chest rig behind my mag pushes as a last ditch sort of backup thing and the company us saying not able to ship to Maryland.

https://eseeknives.com/product/tertiary

Is that illegal in Maryland? My knowledge of knife laws is pretty thin.

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    My opinion...if the situation arises where any of us would be gearing up with a plate carrier/chest rig I think we are past legal or illegal. That being said fixed blade makes it a nono for carry. I have a nice Cold Steel version on an old fart H harness gear set up..

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    It would likely be considered a "Dirk" aka "Weapon " .

The linked statute does not forbid the carry . It does prohibit concealed , and Intent to injure a person . ( & exemption for W&C holders )

Just as legal to carry a push knife ( aka Dagger ) as for a Bowie knife or switchblade .

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    I thought fixed blades were legal to carry as long as they are not concealed; ie a neck knife as long as it is visible.

Would people question it? Most likely and John Law may detain you while the vagaries of the code are worked out.

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    About 10 years ago a buddy of mine placed an order for Cold Steel neck knives (Hidden Edge) to be shipped to MoCo as Christmas Gifts. 4 of us grew up together and exchange gifts every year and he always gives us knives. The order shipped with no problem.

JerseyMike

Dec 16, 2019
    Germantown
    I thought fixed blades were legal to carry as long as they are not concealed; ie a neck knife as long as it is visible.

Would people question it? Most likely and John Law may detain you while the vagaries of the code are worked out.

You can’t carry knives for self-defense. Good luck justifying another utility for the knife OP linked. Sure you could get creative, but do you really want to deal with that headache? Penalty is an up to 3 year misdemeanor

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    You can’t carry knives for self-defense. Good luck justifying another utility for the knife OP linked. Sure you could get creative, but do you really want to deal with that headache? Penalty is an up to 3 year misdemeanor

A knife is a tool. I use mine almost every day. That knife looks like a tool, too.

JerseyMike

Dec 16, 2019
    Germantown
    A knife is a tool. I use mine almost every day. That knife looks like a tool, too.

Sure, knives are great tools, one of man’s oldest. But the knife linked by OP is intended to be used as a weapon. It’s not like a switchblade or balisong, where pop culture has lead dumb lawmakers to conclude they are dangerous weapons. This thing was designed to be used as a weapon.

“The Tertiary was developed by SWAT officer Lee Smith as a Law Enforcement / Military defense tool. Born from the legendary Izula line, the “Tertiary” name (meaning third in order or level) comes from an edged weapon’s natural place in the panoply of personal weapons (primary firearm, backup firearm and then close-quarters weapons). Its design characteristics target specific professional needs such as swift, effective deployment, reliable cutting and penetration, low visibility profile, modular carry options, and robust, simple construction. Simple straight punch, jab, and hammer fist strikes yield tremendous cutting potential with minimal training or effort.”

Sure, you could argue at trial that you had another reason that you were carrying it, but do you really want to be in that position?

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    It's not illegal to own. Buy it from another vendor that will ship it to you.

I ordered the one that JoppaJ posted and it's on the way. I'll keep my open for the ESEE in person in my travels.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I ordered the one that JoppaJ posted and it's on the way. I'll keep my open for the ESEE in person in my travels.

That one looked nice.
    I'm going to Edgeworks tomorrow. I'll be on the lookout for both of them.
    I was just planning on getting sharpening stones but I know I'm screwed the second I walk in the door

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    That one looked nice.
    I'm going to Edgeworks tomorrow. I'll be on the lookout for both of them.

Is that the place in Fredneck? Let me know - I can go through there on my way to WV rather than going out 66.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom