• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Can’t wait till SCOTUS confirms the right that people can walk around open and/or concealed nipping all this nonsense in the bud.

I wouldn't hold my breath. At best it'll be another feckless opinion with plenty of Grey area for the legislature to keep giving it to us dry with a handful of sand thrown in.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I wouldn't hold my breath. At best it'll be another feckless opinion getting plenty of Grey area for the legislature to keep giving it to wash dry with a handful of sand thrown in.

No: they could not get away with this in DC given the circuit precedent.

This is exactly the kind of disparity that will drive the Supreme Court to take one of the half dozen carry cases being held for NYSRPA ( assuming that the NYSRPA opinion itself is not controlling).

No: they could not get away with this in DC given the circuit precedent.

This is exactly the kind of disparity that will drive the Supreme Court to take one of the half dozen carry cases being held for NYSRPA ( assuming that the NYSRPA opinion itself is not controlling).

Like Heller that affirmed a person's right to bear arms... In their home or the other ruling whose name eludes me right now that affirm that a person had the right to own commonly used and commonly own firearms but did not give us a list of those Firearms so any state can decide on their own which Firearms can and cannot be possessed? Like I said feckless. There is only one ruling that the Supreme Court can make that will be meaningful to all gun owners across the country. And that would be a complete confirmation of the constitutionality of the Second Amendment as it is written. In other words no government has the right to infringe on anyone's right to keep and bear arms.. End of sentence no ifs ands buts or excepts and that's never going to happen.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Pricing us out of the market. Its in their playbook.

I've been convinced for several years now that the only way SCOTUS is going to take action on one or many of these types of cases is to let them go "full retard" with these bills. Looks like Maryland and Virginia are in a "hold my beer" contest.

I'm already on the "3rd box".

Pricing us out of the market. Its in their playbook.

I've been convinced for several years now that the only way SCOTUS is going to take action on one or many of these types of cases is to let them go "full retard" with these bills. Looks like Maryland and Virginia are in a "hold my beer" contest.

I'm already on the "3rd box".

I doubt we will ever get to the fourth box. It's been decades and nobody has taken any action of the sort. We keep letting the Supreme Court make our decision for us and it's not enough. I see what's happening in Virginia and just like Maryland they are going to take every action they can to prevent the 4th box from ever taking place. And just like Maryland they'll end up close to 40 years down the road with infringement that they claim they can't live with yet they do.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    But if you are a "certain person" you are exempt from "certain training" .

Anyone care to guess who "certain people" are?

EDA98

Dec 4, 2019
    Laurel MD
    I just find it absurd that a security clearance isn’t a “good and substantial” reason for a wear and carry permit.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I find it absurd that being a law-abiding American citizen, isn't "good and substantial" reason for a wear and carry permit.

Given the amount of tax I pay to the state every year, they'd require me to wear a sidearm if they had any sense.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Umm...

Active LEOs are ALREADY required to train AND qualify every year. So... that’s just not even worth mentioning here.
    Take it up with Senator Young...he's the one that sponsored this crap and asked bill drafting for specific carveouts.

PJS

Heavy
    Feb 4, 2014
    Baltimore
    Rather than preach to the choir here, I emailed my state senator (who happens to be the new senate pres). I asked for his explanation of this bill and how it is expected to reduce crime. I also asked that if it was just a publicity stunt by those sponsors (to get reelection votes) that he table it and focus the senate on real legislation to get and keep violent offenders off the streets. Perhaps others can reach out to their elected representatives and ask similar questions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just sent him a similar email. I will tell you that when I sent emails regarding gun legislation last year to team 46, the only one to respond to me was Brooke Lierman.

I don't know if it helps, but I pointed out this legislation would primarily affect people in his district with less means, and disproportionately affect people of color.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom