• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ddeanjohnson

autodidact
    Aug 21, 2010
    A handgun manufactured on or after January 1, 1985, must be listed by manufacturer, model, and caliber on the Maryland Handgun Roster in order to be transferred to a Maryland resident. The current version of the Roster is available on line, and the functionality of the web-based version has been improved within the past couple of years. In addition, however, the law requires publication of the complete Roster annually (in the Maryland Register).

I have attached the most recent such publication, which contains the Roster current as of July 1, 2016, in the PDF format (156 pages). I find that these PDF versions of the Roster are handy to work with for certain purposes -- for example, if you want to provide a dealer with a copy by email, or print out a certain page or group of pages.

Keep in mind, however, that this document is current only through July 1, 2016. For later additions or revisions, you have to watch the Maryland Register.

Attachments

• Handgun Roster 7-1-16.pdf
      340.5 KB · Views: 1,827

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Handgun Roster Board proposes to add to the official handgun roster. These handguns will be officially placed on the Handgun Roster if no timely objection is received or if all timely objections are dismissed. Objections must be filed within 30 days after August 19, 2016 .

Attachments

• August 19th 2016 Proposed handgun additions.JPG
      August 19th 2016 Proposed handgun additions.JPG
      81.5 KB · Views: 1,283

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I got to thinking after reading the pdf file, wouldn't it make more sense to list the firearms that are not approved for purchase? There's 156 pages of approved firearms. This list grows every year. Why not list the forearms you can't own. Then remove a firearm once it gets approved. That way you have diminishing list instead of an accumulative list.

Just the thoughts from a madman!

Doitsouthstyle

Apr 4, 2012
    Baltimore County
    I got to thinking after reading the pdf file, wouldn't it make more sense to list the firearms that are not approved for purchase? There's 156 pages of approved firearms. This list grows every year. Why not list the forearms you can't own. Then remove a firearm once it gets approved. That way you have diminishing list instead of an accumulative list.

Just the thoughts from a madman!

I do tend to agree and the roster committee it self is a joke that we are forced to pay taxes to pay them. A list of what is banned and a criteria of what exactly makes a banned weapon more efficient way to waste our money.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Handgun Roster Board proposes to add to the official handgun roster. These handguns will be officially placed on the Handgun Roster if no timely objection is received or if all timely objections are dismissed. Objections must be filed within 30 days after August 19, 2016 .

I called and was told the Remington R51 was on agenda. Guess not..

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    A handgun manufactured on or after January 1, 1985, must be listed by manufacturer, model, and caliber on the Maryland Handgun Roster in order to be transferred to a Maryland resident. The current version of the Roster is available on line, and the functionality of the web-based version has been improved within the past couple of years. In addition, however, the law requires publication of the complete Roster annually (in the Maryland Register).

I have attached the most recent such publication, which contains the Roster current as of July 1, 2016, in the PDF format (156 pages). I find that these PDF versions of the Roster are handy to work with for certain purposes -- for example, if you want to provide a dealer with a copy by email, or print out a certain page or group of pages.

Keep in mind, however, that this document is current only through July 1, 2016. For later additions or revisions, you have to watch the Maryland Register.

Awesome, thanks!

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    Yes, thanks for posting. Finding handguns on the stupid MSP website can be extremely frustrating. I recently went to find the listing for a TriStar/Canik C-100, which I knew was on the list since I purchased one two years ago. When searching for "Tristar", nothing comes up, so I did a search for "Canik" which gave me three listings: Canik (Century Arms), Canik (TRI STAR), and Canik 55. The C-100 wasn't on any of the lists so I then tried "Tri Star" and got a hit, with the C-100 the only gun listed. Had a similar issue with an HK several months ago, but I think that has been fixed.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Five-Seven and Vector coming to Maryland?? That's awesome. Sure 10 rounds mags suck, but that can be rectified.
    That's weird re the Five-Seven on the pending list. They've been on sale in Maryland gun stores for years (when in stock). In fact, a Five-Seven was my first MD handgun purchase in 2012. I'm pretty sure that it can be found on old copies of the roster (will check on my computer later).

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom