• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    This thread will be used for discussion of the meeting of the HPRB on August 16, 2016.

DPSCS website link below. This site will be updated to reflect a change of meeting status or possible change of venue. The time and the location of the meeting is posted on the DPSCS HPRB website.
    http://www.dpscs.state.md.us/agencies/hprb.shtml

Per DPSCS website...

"The Handgun Permit Review Board will be meeting... at 6:00 pm, in a NEW LOCATION - 100 Community Place, Crownsville, MD 20132."

Link to a map of the meeting location below.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/1...4bbde30411c007!8m2!3d39.0260081!4d-76.6080849

On a trial run, I found it easiest to enter at Crownsville Rd and make a quick right onto Fairfield Loop Rd. Community Place is approx. 100 yds. on the left. Follow Community Place around to the right past the Learning Center.

Easy access to the front of the building. Ample parking. There is a police officer stationed at the front desk upon entry to the building where you must sign in. You will also be asked to sign in once you have entered the meeting room.

Attachments

• IMG_20160711_121520_433.jpg
      IMG_20160711_121520_433.jpg
      18.6 KB · Views: 738

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    I was planning on attending until my check engine light came on tonight. Unless I can figure out what it is. Hoping for something like a O2 sensor or something cheap and easy?

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Black electrical tape works wonders :)!

I am questionable. I have a few personal issues brewing, but if I can be there I will make it.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Total 18 in the gallery, plus 5 Board Members, Board staff, and MSP entourage. At least 30 or more tonight.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    So will the Board overturn MSP LD in favor of protecting "everybody's grandma"?

She brings up health issues and the 2A; her instructor brings up the ADA. LD brings up the lack of G&S. The Board is ashamed. BAM - she loses!

We need her to testify at the MGA's next session.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Next up, DEA IT contractor (I'm assuming Help Desk). On the "Regulatory side;" his supervisor categorizes his position as Low Risk. Brings out his OPM letter. References MSP "Assumed Risk" provision. He keeps repeating that he works for DEA. HE GAVE THEM A COPY OF HIS "CREDENTIALS" - if that's his badge/CAC he's just committed a violation. Gotta run; back later.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    The DEA IT guy's request for permit was rejected. He did a poor job of presenting his case.

However, I believe every Marylander employed in law enforcement in any capacity should be granted a permit if they request one.

The folks who work in these agencies are the most vetted, "backgrounded" and stable population imaginable. By providing permits to these Marylanders we are "deputizing" our most reliable citizens in very unsettled times.

Last edited:

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Totality of the Circumstances. See Woollard.

No documented threat actually required. Read the statute.

Does any objective individual think the wheel chair bound applicant didn't articulate a reasonable fear of apprehended danger? Maybe those that wanted to play God and decide she couldn't exercise a fundamental right?

Improvement? Yes. Inconsistency? Yes. Inconsistency breeds contempt for the process.

Forget the rest of the MSP wannabe lawyer BS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom