• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    Freedom of choice, we all still have that at least. I guess wearing politics on your sleeve and business just do not mix. Exactly why we don't do it here. I think Trump got dinged some on that front too.
    And why the hell not??

I like the enemy easy to identify.

Funny, he didn't strike me as Muslim :D

Maybe not, but dollars to donuts says the turd voted fer one.

Dave Taylor

May 29, 2012
    I respect folks who make any stand they may reasonably make in dealing with (or not dealing with) "pols" who may take a very public stand against these folk’s constitutionally guaranteed rights. :)

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I'll do work for an anti because at the end of the day we've all got to eat.

What I won't do is spend discretionary income at an establishment where the owner is running for public office as an anti. Especially at a hooch store.

Liquor stores are a dime a dozen. Anything that this guy has, someone else can get.

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Kinda ironic (actually the better term is hypocritical)....a person that sells a legal drug (alcohol) that does more harm to our society than those darned "guns".

dlmarion

Feb 6, 2013
    Carroll County
    I wonder if his personal beliefs have influenced his business practices? Specifically, I wonder if he does not allow his managers to carry, putting his employees at risk. I assume when I walk into a liquor store / gas station that the person behind the counter has some means of defense. Well, I assume that in other states....

new_shooter

Ultimate Member
    Jun 26, 2010
    Make your choices as you wish.

If you'd like an alternative, the other of my two favorite liquor stores is "The Perfect Pour", near the intersection of 108 and 175. It's in the corner of a little strip mall with Trader Joes and Golf Galaxy, and has a good varied beer collection and better than you might expect hard liquors. Lots of wine, but that isn't my drink, so I can't vouch for the quality there.

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    Well, crap! I don't go there much, but when I do, I spend a lot. Not anymore.

Like many have mentioned, the hypocrisy abound with the liberals. There is so much fail in selling alcohol while targeting firearms as a plague of our nation.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    I have shopped there in the past but that will not happen again. I will not knowingly support business owners that are anti 2A. I was hoping for a pro 2A Democrat after seeing the ultra left wing Kat. Matthews's ads, but then I heard his ant 2A ad the other day.
    It is hard to find anyone to vote for as a Dino in the primary.

:mad54:

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    You made the right choice. He wore his anti-gun ******** on his sleeve and now he can deal with the consequences.

His wares kill just as many as guns do and choosing to not patronize him is 100% justified.

I dont give a crap what school he attended, his life work conflicts with mine.

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    I started hearing the ads on WTOP radio last week, and I kept wondering who this Trone-guy is, and which "one of America's largest businesses" he started. I thought it was odd that the ad didn't mention the type of business, or even whether he was running in DC, MD or VA. Then I heard the anti-2A ad, which infuriated me. The anti-gun tripe was deep in that ad....just about every stereotype that could be imagined, fit into about 30 seconds.

Well, I used to patronize Total Wine. I didn't go there often, but when I did it was for a major buy. And as others have said, I don't need to spend my discretionary dollars where I'm not wanted. There are plenty of other places to buy hooch....and since I've been making both beer and wine, I don't need to buy as much as I did previously.

JoeR

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    The act of giving ANYONE your hard earned dollars... KNOWING that those dollars are going to support the war on your own COTUS Rights is counter intuitive to rational survival mentality. Advising another person to give their hard earned dollar to support the destruction of their own rights is counter to rational forethought.

Friends don't allow friends to KNOWINGLY give their money to those who seek to take away ANY of their COTUS Rights.

It is NOT about making a "Political Statement"... It is about SURVIVAL and preservation of Rights. One does not feed the fox that is robbing one's hen house. The fox gets fatter as the hens and the eggs disappear.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I'm in agreement with the OP. I don't shop there often but never will again. My few dollars won't change his life but are a few less that he'll have to fight our 2A rights. I sent a nice polite msg to him on his web site advising him of my choice. I pointed out what I thought was his hypocrisy for making a living off something that causes so many more deaths and misery than guns every year in this country. I didn't flame him, just a nice polite message. I'm curious to see if someone will respond.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Thanks for posting OP. I didn't know this. I drop more than a few coins in there several times a year, but it is way too easy to patronize his competition. He is entitled to his personal beliefs, but when he promotes his business successes with his anti 2A stance as part of a political platform he should expert some backlash. That's the process he injected himself into.

Rick3bears

Grumpy Old Coot
    Jul 28, 2012
    Somewhere, MD
    I won't shop Total Wine. Nice to know he's anti-2A. Lots of people commented on Alcohol killing people. What about the spousal abuse, child abuse, lost production, etc., that alcohol produces. I haven't heard of gun ownership causing spouse or child abuse.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Make your choices as you wish.

If you'd like an alternative, the other of my two favorite liquor stores is "The Perfect Pour", near the intersection of 108 and 175. It's in the corner of a little strip mall with Trader Joes and Golf Galaxy, and has a good varied beer collection and better than you might expect hard liquors. Lots of wine, but that isn't my drink, so I can't vouch for the quality there.

Almost took a peek in there yesterday, but the weather was breaking down, so I passed.

Gaspasser19

Oct 17, 2015
    Thanks for making the connection for me. I've shopped at Total Wine plenty of times but will drive on past now. I have heard that radio spot and it really pissed me off. Nice to know that I can vote with my wallet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom