• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    Two more I guess?

Yes two more. It is always better to leave off the unit so we can fill in the most appropriate unit later.

I did and analysis of the 4CA for the time between the en banc rehearing and the decision. It averages 6 months with a standard deviation of 3 months. No en banc decision they listed on their website has taken more than 1 year from the rehearing date. There is always a first time for everything however.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I did and analysis of the 4CA for the time between the en banc rehearing and the decision. It averages 6 months with a standard deviation of 3 months. No en banc decision they listed on their website has taken more than 1 year from the rehearing date. There is always a first time for everything however.

Thank you. I appreciate that!

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Yes two more. It is always better to leave off the unit so we can fill in the most appropriate unit later.

Did you include any variables for election years when SCOTUS seats were up for grabs?

J/K

Sent from a galaxy far, far, away....

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    I'm sure the decision was reached a long time ago. The judges are just waiting for the election to be over.

I wonder if the decision ultimately released will depend on who wins?:sad20:

Yes, and YES ...

First because the decision will DEFINITELY affect votes in The PRofMD one way or the other ... mostly the other.

And Second because C4 is a C9 wanns-be ... Stop Californicating Maryland

Attachments

• Ya Think.jpg
      Ya Think.jpg
      9.6 KB · Views: 861

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    I'm sure the decision was reached a long time ago. The judges are just waiting for the election to be over.

A tentative vote was held right after the oral argument in May. That's standard practice. At that time, the responsibility for writing opinion for the majority was assigned. The judges in the minority are free to write any dissenting opinions and judges who vote with the majority for the judgment are free to write concurrences. That majority may change over time and, indeed, become a minority as judges can (and do) change their minds as the opinions circulate. That certainly happens too. Nothing is final until the opinion is released. Given that this case was heard en banc and given the likely number of opinions, including concurrences and dissents that are likely circulating, the amount of time that has elapsed is far from atypical. I honestly do not believe that the election has any bearing on their deliberations. They all have life tenure.

Last edited:

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    If you take into consideration that it took 10 months to get the opinion from the 3 judge panel, imagine the time needed for Full En Banc........

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I wonder whether some rethinking is taking place in the 4th Circuit after last night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom