• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Always looking for potential plaintiffs. Now looking for firearms instructors who may want to file an ultra vires suit against the state police. Same claim that the 4th Circuit held that we lacked article III standing to bring in federal court. That holding does not preclude bringing the same claims in state court.

Check your e-mail.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Thanks for everything MSI does to restore our rights in a state hell-bent on denying them. I went to make a donation, but didn't realize my membership had lapsed. So, I did both...re-upping and making the donation.

JoeR

Thank you! And thanks to everyone else who has stood up and joined. Anyone else? Rights that are undefended are inevitably lost.

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    Just signed up. Should have a while ago. I’ve been a certified Maryland hunter safety instructor and had to know and teach about handguns, a RSO, a Gunners Mate in the Navy and instructed sailors on handgun marksmanship, have an active clearance, and own multiple handguns that I purchased legally in Maryland before the HQL. Yet after committing no crimes or any other disqualifying actions my right to obtain another handgun was taken away from me.

I hope you guys knock it out of the park.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Just signed up. Should have a while ago. I’ve been a certified Maryland hunter safety instructor and had to know and teach about handguns, a RSO, a Gunners Mate in the Navy and instructed sailors on handgun marksmanship, have an active clearance, and own multiple handguns that I purchased legally in Maryland before the HQL. Yet after committing no crimes or any other disqualifying actions my right to obtain another handgun was taken away from me.

I hope you guys knock it out of the park.

Thank you! Welcome aboard. If you have a current TS clearance, please contact me.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Yes I'm to lazy to read all about it, so help me out. Is the suit against the HQL challenging the entire process or just parts of it? I hate to pee in the wheaties but don't several states have requirements that are similar to the HQL?

I wish upon a star they would just do away with the live fire in the HQL, drop the fees for applying to like 10.00, drop the fingerprint requirement, and give HQL holders who have taken the class within a certain time those four hours credited to the permit training.

I definitely have mixed feeling about requiring training, but I've seen things..........strange things.........

TD

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Yes I'm to lazy to read all about it, so help me out. Is the suit against the HQL challenging the entire process or just parts of it?

It challenges the entire notion of the HQL.

I definitely have mixed feeling about requiring training, but I've seen things..........strange things.........

You will never stop seeing strange things, whether or not people can show they sat through a class. Just like people who have a MD driver's license are still absolute horror shows on the road, operating their multi-thousand-pound vehicles.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Yes I'm to lazy to read all about it, so help me out. Is the suit against the HQL challenging the entire process or just parts of it? I hate to pee in the wheaties but don't several states have requirements that are similar to the HQL?

I wish upon a star they would just do away with the live fire in the HQL, drop the fees for applying to like 10.00, drop the fingerprint requirement, and give HQL holders who have taken the class within a certain time those four hours credited to the permit training.

TD

Dreams and wishes are good. My dream is that they one day are told to stick the HQL up their asses.

Thank you MSI!

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    It challenges the entire notion of the HQL.

You will never stop seeing strange things, whether or not people can show they sat through a class. Just like people who have a MD driver's license are still absolute horror shows on the road, operating their multi-thousand-pound vehicles.

True so true

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom