• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kennyd

The "HOOK" guy
    Jul 28, 2012
    Westminster, MD
    Maybe it was mentioned, maybe it wasn't, but Uncle Matty's in New Windsor is a great place to eat...yes I know it's not Westminster but it's worth the trip. The Bacon Penne' Pasta is out of this world!

Beefcube

Sammich King
    Mar 15, 2011
    Westminster
    Anyone have an opinion on Roberto's Pizza in Westminster? It turns out it was started by the same Roberto that then sold it and opened another eponymous restaurant in Easton, MD. he sold that one and has a car repair business now. I miss the pizza and if the one in Westminster is really good, it is likely still the same recipes.

I liked the pizza but my son always orders delivery from somewhere else.
    Now I'm going to try it again and see if he catches on.

Maybe it was mentioned, maybe it wasn't, but Uncle Matty's in New Windsor is a great place to eat...yes I know it's not Westminster but it's worth the trip. The Bacon Penne' Pasta is out of this world!

Matty is a good friend, we eat there alot.
    Burgers,wings but my wife loves the filet medallions.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Anyone have an opinion on Roberto's Pizza in Westminster? It turns out it was started by the same Roberto that then sold it and opened another eponymous restaurant in Easton, MD. he sold that one and has a car repair business now. I miss the pizza and if the one in Westminster is really good, it is likely still the same recipes.

Roberto's is one of our favorites when we're not lazy (wanting delivery).

Beefcube

Sammich King
    Mar 15, 2011
    Westminster
    So Matty got lunch from my place and now I'm eating dinner at his place with my son..... small business supporting small business.... how it should be !!!

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD

Robertos has damn good subs. They make the bread there daily. I eat lunch there once a week usually

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Beefcube, will Molli's be open this Friday and Saturday? Hoping to come by one of those days.

My wife has been wanting to go to Rock Salt for quite some time, and though I thought it was kind of a popinjay, fancy-boy place, it turned out to be very good, though not cheap (but worth what you pay).

There is ALWAYS :sad20: a wait, but they give you a pager type device, so we walked around outside, me scoffing at Ernie's Place. We got called back in less than 15 minutes.

We started with calamari, which was light, and not at all greasy, and some of the best we have ever eaten. Wasn't a huge fan of the lemony butter sauce, but the cocktail sauce was good.

calamari.jpg

My wife ordered the crab cake, which had lots of lump meat, and was seasoned on the mild side, but with excellent flavor. Her coleslaw, and fries were good, nothing special.

cake.jpg

I got the seafood club, which was a crab cake, shrimp salad, bacon, and lettuce/tomato. I didn't eat much of the bread, as it simply would have been too much food, and I wanted to concentrate on the excellent crab cake, and delicious shrimp salad. I say without hesitation, this was one hell of a sandwich.

We'll definitely be going back again. :thumbsup:

club.jpg

club2.jpg

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Finally had the pleasure of visiting Molli's Cafe, and meeting Beefcube.

Had a delicious split, and grilled Hebrew National (they answer to a higher authority) jumbo hot dog, wrapped in salami, and a bowl of very good chunky chili.

I highly recommend Molli's, and encourage all of MDS to support this excellent local establishment. :thumbsup:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/mollis-cafe-westminster

dog.jpg

dog2.jpg

chili.jpg

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Not Westminster, but we went to the French Twist after either Mollie's or Outlaw BBQ posted on their FB page they went. It was AWESOME and if you are in the Eldersburg area make it a stop.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    How’s a place called The Stables?

Might run out thar to see TaleGunner

https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-stables-at-westminster-westminster

Yelp users don't particularly like it that much... Seems to be more of a social hangout than a restaurant with good food. If you aren't going for the food probably a decent place to hang and catch up with people!

If the food does matter probably better to choose a different venue.

This matches pretty much what I have heard from people I know in Westminster so not just a "look at the internet" review. :D

Feb 28, 2013
    Ain’t worried much none about the vittles.

Saw Talegunner a while back at some bar our Woodstock way somewheres... got a train engine stickin out the front.

Didn’t like that place.... ain’t into payin 412 bucks for a beer. :rolleyes:

Been wantin to see em again though. They don’t play all this girly pansy music like most bands.

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    Stables food is trash, don't bother with that. Drinks are usually strong and fairly priced

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I have off this Mon & Tues. I am going to try to take my daughter to Molli's cafe for a daddy daughter lunch tomorrow.

Their waffles are great if you haven't had them. I'm not sure what secret stuff they put in them but they are delicious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom