• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I would love a private range where I could actually shoot that rifle out some distance and play with some of my unusual guns

I do reloading for mine and use trailboss powder and what ever bullets I have.
    It is great for shooting at m. G. Almost no. Recoil nice blast and lot less power so no real worries about over shooting. I normally sit that load when kids want to shoot it. It can't hurt them. Mostly I use around 200 grns of powder.

Leper Messiah

Aug 18, 2014
    I reload for mine also. I got the gun off gb and it came with a lee press, dies, 100 pieces of brass and 100 projectiles. Im using 220 gr of wc860.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    i went to M.G. this afternoon when they opened and stayed for about hour and half. good day at the range got to shoot my big bore rifle a few times. always good when you an shoot it.

GottaEat

Aug 24, 2014
    SOMD
    Had plans to go to Myrtle Grove today. Now with the wind I’m rethinking. Anyone else think that it’s not a good idea to go?

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Sorry bad post to wrong thread, my days in Maryland are over, moved to Florida, but I like paying $20 a year to shoot my Milsurp ammo at MG.

Last edited:

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    There has been a few people in the Government that can think for them self's and have a grasp of the real world, sad part those single voice's are not heard over all the noise that come out of the Air heads that make up the media and Liberal left. Even time something happens all the chicken little's go running around in a tail spin the sky is falling!:cool:

Soooooooo you did go to myrtle grove? Or didn’t? I’m so confused?

DP12

Apr 24, 2018
    SoMD
    I've been a lurker here at mdshooters for a couple of years, and I've been passing Myrtle Grove on the way to La Plata for 15 years, wondering from time to time what was down that dirt road. Now I know! LOL

I stopped by on Monday just to check it out (before reading this article). Two vehicles turned down the road after me, caught up quickly, and were following closely, which I thought was strange behavior on a dirt road on state land. After pulling into the parking lot, both of the other groups kinda race-walked to the range...and I thought that was strange, too. Now I understand that they probably didn't want to wait for lanes. I hung around for 10 minutes or so, the whole time the range was cold...boring. I went back to my place, added another steel target to the growing cluster of them out in the back 40 and did some plinking without any wait. :-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom