• ...and so much more!
  • Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    Approximately 100 rounds with 8 stages Maximum round count of 160

The match will be held @ The York Izaak Walton League
    7131 Iron Stone Hill Rd
    Dallastown PA 17313

It will be a mostly static steel with 1 paper stage. Distances will range from 10-200 yrds

All you need is a decent shooting,mag fed 22lr with a scope(target turrets and/or ranging reticle) capable of making good hits (2 moa or larger) from different positions off assorted props. A bipod and rear bag is suggested.

Registration
    https://practiscore.com/york-precision-rimfire-match/register

Rules
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/13mtxCw6g9y7-dQXGaUkXke0oUnJBoU0o/view

Last edited:

Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    This match will be beginner friendly. This is becoming popular and this is a good place to wet your feet. Children are welcome, they just need to be able to manipulate the firearm w/o any physical help from the staff.

Last edited:

glockwerkes

Aug 16, 2010
    This is going to be a high quality match that you surely don't want to miss. In case you'll been under a rock and haven't heard of precision/tactical/NRL22 rimfire matches, below is brief description:

The Rimfire Precision Match (RPM) has its roots in centerfire Precision Rifle Series (PRS) style matches. The competitor will be firing at a mix of both reactive steel and paper targets at distances from 15 to 200 yards. A match consists of several stages and the target presentations will vary on every stage. Firing positions may include standing, kneeling, prone, barricade, and improvised field positions. Stages are timed and the time limit (par time) may be different for each stage depending on the challenge presented. Targets sizes will vary from as small as 2 MOA up to 8 MOA.

Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    We got the stages laid out today and this is going to be a really fun match. We put a lot of effort into making the stages fun and challenging. Can't wait for St. Paddies Day Pew Pew........

The match registration will close approximately 1 week before the match so if you're on the fence you need to get signed up by next sunday so we can finalize our preparations.

We all had a blast at the Mayberry 22 match recently and are looking forward to a fun season of 22 matched popping up all over the place.

https://practiscore.com/york-precision-rimfire-match/register

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    so what are the, let's say, top 5 or 10 winning-est or gamer guns in this game? how many are running bolt guns with 5 round mags, with 10 round mags?

other than the ruger 10/22 and similar models (think they have a rimfire precision like rifle now), anything use more than 5 or 10 round mags?

and to get to the really important point, what are the lefty's using?

Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    so what are the, let's say, top 5 or 10 winning-est or gamer guns in this game? how many are running bolt guns with 5 round mags, with 10 round mags?

other than the ruger 10/22 and similar models (think they have a rimfire precision like rifle now), anything use more than 5 or 10 round mags?

and to get to the really important point, what are the lefty's using?
    The lefty's are in a bad spot for bolts w/o spending Vudoo money. 10/22's are starting to make more of a presence. CZ 455,Savage FV-SR,Ruger Precision Rimfire are becoming the most popular. Vudoo 's are out and about but Savage and the CZ are the front runners with 10 rnd mags. No need for more than 10 in a mag. Once and a while you get a stage that will have a stage brief that allows large mags to be and advantage but you wont see that at york. Were trying to not make it semi-auto biased either but once and a while you cant help it with stage design.
    I have a Beyer barreled AR upper I'm hoping will run nicely once it gets warmer out. It has potential but is finicky towards differnt bullet lubes and fouling in the cold with the tight chamber.

Glockwerekes and I are running the match. I'm sure he'll chime in if work doesn't get him too busy.

If I were compromising anywhere, I would smeng money on good glass, that dials and returns to zero consistently, over a high end gun. Parralx that goes below 50yrds is very helpful as well.

glockwerkes

Aug 16, 2010
    As Broncolou said, the top contenders for bolts are CZ, Savage, and Ruger (and the occasional Anschutz). The Vudoo is a work of art but crazy money. The semi's I've seen are all 10/22's or clones. You can hotrod a stock Ruger or drop cash on a Kidd or Volquartsen.

Most stages seem to be 8-12 rounds on average. This match at York will average 12 rounds REQUIRED per stage. The norm is also to have a round count limitation, usually 3-5 rounds over the number required. We made it 20 at York to keep it simple. The last match up at Columbia PA had a 5 round mag limit. You may see required mag changes to even the field for the bolt turners. I've seen many extended Ruger magazines jam at the most inopportune times.

Lefties....ugh. Run a semi and wear good safety glasses, just in case. It seems most matches have at least one stage that makes you shoot support side, aka weak side.

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    Great match guys! Bronco and Glockwerkes put on a good match. My only suggestion for next time is to turn the heat up and turn the wind down. I get cold easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom