• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

bmodzelewski

Oct 11, 2012
    Middle River
    Bass Pro has a couple shipments of Bushmasters, and Colts on the way.
    Some should be in Monday and more in on Wednesday.
    No guarantee on arrival time or exact quantity but it looks like somewhere around 70 in all.
    No price gouging, just the same as last month.
    I will keep you posted as trucks are unpacked and they become available.

pop-gunner -

what model bushmasters and colts are you expecting to come in? and do you happen to know what price range? for some reason i cant get ARs to come up on bass pros website.

thanks

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    I have a question for you guys. Now I got my AR several years ago, and there was nothing about it being registered vs non registered because of the size/diameter opf the barrel. What is that about?

Is it that the Heavy Barrel needs some type of special registration or a 16" M4 type barrel. I have seen this mentioned several times recently aomething about the diameter of the barrel needing registration.

Anyone know about this? Thanks for any answers.

If its an "HBAR" barrel its non-regulated...no it does not make sense but the law is the law.

The only problem with the way the law is, in Maryland. . . .the FFL that's handling the sale CAN make you register the HBAR as 'regulated'.

Case in point - My Colt #6601 Sporter Match H-BAR is SPECIFICALLY exempted from registration, BUT, the dealer (Big O's Sports Supply - Waldorf/Forest Park) told me that I had to register it, or he wouldn't sell it to me.
    FWIW, this shop is now closed. The owner passed away a few years ago.

So. . . I have a specifically exempted HBAR that is 'registered' as 'regulated.
    :mad54::mad54::mad54:
    Once registered. . . . always registered, from what I was told, by MSP.:mad54:

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Case in point - My Colt #6601 Sporter Match H-BAR is SPECIFICALLY exempted from registration, BUT, the dealer (Big O's Sports Supply - Waldorf/Forest Park) told me that I had to register it, or he wouldn't sell it to me.

I don't want to take this thread too far off topic, but I don't understand why you bought this gun from this dealer. It's not like there is only one gun store in Maryland. Rather than wait the 7 - 10 days for the MSP, why not just order one from another dealer? Was this bought right before the 90's AWB?

:shocking:

corbex

Feb 24, 2009
    Dumb question. Is there is a line for the firearms counter prior to you opening or is it just a sprint to the now-serving ticket dispenser?

Sprint to the now-serving ticket counter.. and don't run to the bathroom after an hour of waiting, inevitably 10 ticket numbers will pass by.. Ask me how I know..hahaha.

Anyway, stopped by at 9 AM this morning, no stock... I did see one guy filling out paperwork, but I have a feeling it was for an prior days purchase..

MississippiJoe

Jul 21, 2012
    I was there about 6PM to pick up some reloading stuff and there were probably 30 ppl hanging out at the counter waiting on something to come out.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    I was there about 6PM to pick up some reloading stuff and there were probably 30 ppl hanging out at the counter waiting on something to come out.

They were not waiting for ARs...
    Maybe tomorrow...I'm off so call in the morning and please update.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Update? Please

the store isn't opened yet and popgunner doesn't work today. I'm going in when the store opens at 9 to pick up my m&p45. I'll chat it up with gunroom folks to see what the deal is and give you an update. If you don't see a post from me and ask for a status update, -50,000 internets to you. :D

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Nothing in yet. There was about 30 people waiting immediately as the doors opened

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom