• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Definately not less fortunate, but haven't heard from the person that works there since 6:30 this morning.. but whatever makes you feel good.:D

He's working. It's not realistic to be able to get on a computer and post on msf while running things behind the counter and in the aisles. He'll be off in the next hour or two, and then you can give him grief again ;). Meanwhile I'm down in calvert county enjoying jenni's cooking and beer, so I'm of no help.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    Try posts number 48, 60, and 66 of this thread. Now I've done my good deed for the day. Mom always said to try and help those less fortunate. :)
    Well done sir...You done your moma proud...
    One or two stragglers in today but the large shipment is still out there somewhere...Nothing gonna be there till Wed. at the earliest...
    I'm not in till 2pm on Wed but if I get word early (which I should) I will try to update.

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    I was there late morning - they had one Colt LE6940 and one Bushmaster ORC Carbine CA and that Black Rain thing that I thought was ugly. A guy about 70 numbers before me grabbed the Colt... I waited about two hours for more to be put out, but didn't happen :(

Yeah, the guy with the ticket right before mine grabbed the ORC. The Black Rain Ordnance was still there. I didn't want either so...until another day...

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    He's working. It's not realistic to be able to get on a computer and post on msf while running things behind the counter and in the aisles. He'll be off in the next hour or two, and then you can give him grief again ;). Meanwhile I'm down in calvert county enjoying jenni's cooking and beer, so I'm of no help.

and you are helpful when?

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    Pop-gunner,

Thanks again for giving us all a heads up about these rifles coming in.

LOL, the last couple pages of this thread are truly the acid test for your signature line. ;) Merry Christmas sir.

Yup....
    Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    I saw two camo and the Black Rain in the rack but the camo may have been .308. Also saw the Bushmaster ORC get processed. As for me, snagged a case of 12ga ammo with those PG buyback cards, no Rem 7-1/2 primers in stock and bulk .22lr. Was actually saner than I've seen one normal days.

Which green shirt is Pop Gunner?

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    I saw two camo and the Black Rain in the rack but the camo may have been .308. Also saw the Bushmaster ORC get processed. As for me, snagged a case of 12ga ammo with those PG buyback cards, no Rem 7-1/2 primers in stock and bulk .22lr. Was actually saner than I've seen one normal days.

Which green shirt is Pop Gunner?

He was probably the one trying to help you with 7-1/2 primers if you were the fella looking 2k to run in an AR.

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I have a question for you guys. Now I got my AR several years ago, and there was nothing about it being registered vs non registered because of the size/diameter opf the barrel. What is that about?

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Is it that the Heavy Barrel needs some type of special registration or a 16" M4 type barrel. I have seen this mentioned several times recently aomething about the diameter of the barrel needing registration.

Anyone know about this? Thanks for any answers.

rnish

May 24, 2012
    Is it that the Heavy Barrel needs some type of special registration or a 16" M4 type barrel. I have seen this mentioned several times recently aomething about the diameter of the barrel needing registration.

Anyone know about this? Thanks for any answers.

If its an "HBAR" barrel its non-regulated...no it does not make sense but the law is the law.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I have a question for you guys. Now I got my AR several years ago, and there was nothing about it being registered vs non registered because of the size/diameter opf the barrel. What is that about?

this is what it's about...
    http://www.mdsp.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=835OWi-sH2U=&tabid=429&mid=1074

(15) Colt AR-15, CAR-15, and all imitations except Colt AR-15 Sporter H-BAR rifle

So it essentially exempts any copy of a colt sporter h-bar. Now what an "imitation" of a colt sporter hbar is....that's up to lots of interpretation. Generally, the setups with a heavy barrel/floated handguards and longer barrels are accepted as a imitation and not regulated...but again...up to interpretation unless it specifically is a colt sporter hbar like basspro had on sale when we had them in stock.

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    this is what it's about...
    http://www.mdsp.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=835OWi-sH2U=&tabid=429&mid=1074

So it essentially exempts any copy of a colt sporter h-bar. Now what an "imitation" of a colt sporter hbar is....that's up to lots of interpretation. Generally, the setups with a heavy barrel/floated handguards and longer barrels are accepted as a imitation and not regulated...but again...up to interpretation unless it specifically is a colt sporter hbar like basspro had on sale when we had them in stock.

So Bass Pro does transfer HBAR rifles as non-regulated? When you guys first started selling"Modern Sporting Rifles," I remember Bass Pro selling all AR-15 rifles as regulated.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom