Fire Call!!!! Dems attempting to ram SB741/HB888...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    The bill as written does not confiscate property owned lawfully prior to Oct 1 2018. It continues to be lawful so long as you comply with all federal rules.

They clearly thought of this, took the problem seriously, and wrote it to survive a lawsuit.

short of registering your parts and pieces how in the hell would they know when parts were purchased? and how would one register unserialized parts and pieces? this is even dumber than the fsa

md sucks worse and worse each and every year

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    So a bump stock owned now is okay after? Now I'm confused. I thought possession was banned. If its the other and anything owned now is still legal, how do they tell. Currently they are not regulated Federally... This bill is a mess.

See below. Keep in mind, this bill also applies to binary triggers, "burst trigger system" and some other things.

Now, strictly speaking, binary triggers and cranks etc. are not NFA items. So no authorization is needed. Burst triggers you would need NFA stamp for.

Its not clear what the ATF rule will be, or when the effective date will be, or whether it will include cranks and binary triggers, and what will be grandfathered. ATF is going to have the same takings problem MD is.

short of registering your parts and pieces how in the hell would they know when parts were purchased? and how would one register unserialized parts and pieces? this is even dumber than the fsa

md sucks worse and worse each and every year

No idea. This is a massively huge problem for the BATFE. They are in a real pickle here.

Attachments

• Bump stock.jpg
      Bump stock.jpg
      75.1 KB · Views: 279

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Kindly note that this bill assumes that there will be some ATF action by 1 October 18...which is definitely not a done deal.

If anyone on the opposite side is reading this...the smart move is to wait until the Federal situation straightens out.

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    See below. Keep in mind, this bill also applies to binary triggers, "burst trigger system" and some other things.

Now, strictly speaking, binary triggers and cranks etc. are not NFA items. So no authorization is needed. Burst triggers you would need NFA stamp for.

Its not clear what the ATF rule will be, or when the effective date will be, or whether it will include cranks and binary triggers, and what will be grandfathered. ATF is going to have the same takings problem MD is.

No idea. This is a massively huge problem for the BATFE. They are in a real pickle here.

I can't help but laugh. So I would get to keep any binary trigger or bump stock owned prior to that date.... smdh... At least that is how I read it and why I had to ask.

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Bumps stocks and binary triggers are clearly a problem in the murderhood:

29136742_10155140444516956_4474592380325986304_o.jpg

Didn't you hear? The thugs can now make the Hi Point side shot at supersonic, ultra death impact, thousand million rounds per second with a duct tape binary trigger on their gat. Mix that with the rusty hollow nuclear tip boolitz capped with diamond grills and you have the murder death incinerate kill shot.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Our reprsentatives are strongly opposing the Bump Stock ban on the floor in the way most bills are not debated.

An amendment to demand than any language of the bill be advertised was defeated.

Opposition now up to demand that possession not be criminalized.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    amendment from a Cecil County delegate to demand that current MD bump stock owner's possession be grandfathered in....has failed on a floor vote.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Floor leader for the Democraps is Montgomery County Delegate Moon, who will now entertain any changes.

amendment to lower penalty to less than prohibited possessor....fails on floor vote.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Delegate from Anne Arundel now questioning Moon on purpose of the Bump Stock.

Moon says testimony was that "owners want to feel what it is like to have an illegal weapon in your hands""

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I will transcribe as best I can. This is an audio only feed so i don't want to guess the representative rising to debate unless I am certain of their identity.

No worries. It still gives me a heads up. Can't say I'm surprised that all amendments seem to be failing.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Delegate from Anne Arundel now questioning Moon on purpose of the Bump Stock.

Moon says testimony was that "owners want to feel what it is like to have an illegal weapon in your hands""

lol.

Because I cant carry a revolver illegally in Baltimore and get the same experience.

Number of murders in Maryland in the last 50 years from bump stocks, cranks, and binary triggers: 0

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Debate is over on Second Reading on the Bump Stock bill with all amendments failing.

Bump Stock bill now goes to a Third Reading--probably Friday or Saturday, which proceeds a FINAL vote on the House floor.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    lol.

Because I cant carry a revolver illegally in Baltimore and get the same experience.

Number of murders in Maryland in the last 50 years from bump stocks, cranks, and binary triggers: 0

That message has been in circulation for weeks now during Patriot Picket events.

Attachments

• 8382629D-CF4C-48D0-8793-4EA52D1A3953.jpeg
      8382629D-CF4C-48D0-8793-4EA52D1A3953.jpeg
      37.4 KB · Views: 236

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads