Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    We are heading to Eldersburg now to see if anything is that the Home Depot

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    This afternoon, we went to visit friends near Lovettsville, VA and on the way back home swung by Marley Station. I was impressed by the number of cars there, probably about 200. The majority of the cars were cool Detroit Iron pony cars, mostly from the 60s and early 70s. I saw relatively few foreign marques, but did see one Porsche 550 Spyder, which I assume was a replica. Another "interesting" car was a VW Karman Ghia converted to a dragster with a front engined V-8! It was definitely worth the sidetrack, and got a small soft-serve at Ann's to boot!

JoeR

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    Hunt Valley is good as mentioned. If you're feeling motivated, take a ride to Great Falls (Katie's Coffee Shop) Saturday AM. Keep in mind they start early...6am and start leaving at 9am. 8am is the best time.

Not unusual to see a Stanley Steamer or two in addition to custom six figure (maybe 7?) cars. An older gentleman has several that are indescribable. They have a high end, steam punk edge to them.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    The Home Depot thing was really good. They had a few VW bugs I really liked. Two classics, one custom VW with a Subaru boxer engine in it. Funky. Corvettes, Stangs, old ambulance custom truck, Chevelles. Great for a kid and his dad.......and his dad. Of course, they all got jealous when they saw this baller roll up in his Camry.

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    As mentioned, Hunt Valley 'Cars and Coffee' is great. Very eclectic mix of vehicles. Also check out www.carcruiseguide.com. They cover most shows and cruises in MD., DE., and Southern PA. There's a nice write up on a beautiful '66 Chevelle SS in the current Aug. -Sept. issue.

Here's one of my favorites from Hunt Valley......

Attachments

• 1509799477960.jpg
      1509799477960.jpg
      19.2 KB · Views: 188

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    As mentioned, Hunt Valley 'Cars and Coffee' is great. Very eclectic mix of vehicles. Also check out www.carcruiseguide.com. They cover most shows and cruises in MD., DE., and Southern PA. There's a nice write up on a beautiful '66 Chevelle SS in the current Aug. -Sept. issue.

Here's one of my favorites from Hunt Valley......

Thanks for the link. We plan to go to Cars and Coffee next weekend.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Here is a picture from Shrewsbury last night. There were hundreds of cars parked behind us and to the right on the grass. This was picture from where we were sitting.

What time do you usually head up?

Never been there for the cruise, but saw that they are having it again this coming Friday...

Mine is no "show car", but it is a driver...might drive on up. :)

Been wanting to check out the Hunt Valley thing too...but way too early for me on a weekend.

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    What time do you usually head up?

Never been there for the cruise, but saw that they are having it again this coming Friday...

Mine is no "show car", but it is a driver...might drive on up. :)

Been wanting to check out the Hunt Valley thing too...but way too early for me on a weekend.

Hey Bob, What's happening! Doug and I and few others of the crew usually try to make this cruise at least once a year. Depending if you want to get a spot on the lot you need to get there early. Doug and I got there @ 1:00pm and the lot was almost full. I personally prefer being up on the hill. It's scheduled to start at 4:00pm but I have heard that some park their daily drivers there the night before to save spots for the next day. My estimate of 700+cars was very conservative. They have had 1000+ in attendance in the past when the weather is good. Cars are constantly coming and going. Having access to the Amish Market is great! Great facility with all kinds of great food. Here is the schedule. Best Cruise Night I have ever attended aside from OC Cruisin of course.

https://www.marketsatshrewsbury.com/cruising-at-the-markets/

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Hey Bob, What's happening! Doug and I and few others of the crew usually try to make this cruise at least once a year. Depending if you want to get a spot on the lot you need to get there early. Doug and I got there @ 1:00pm and the lot was almost full. I personally prefer being up on the hill. It's scheduled to start at 4:00pm but I have heard that some park their daily drivers there the night before to save spots for the next day. My estimate of 700+cars was very conservative. They have had 1000+ in attendance in the past when the weather is good. Cars are constantly coming and going. Having access to the Amish Market is great! Great facility with all kinds of great food. Here is the schedule. Best Cruise Night I have ever attended aside from OC Cruisin of course.

https://www.marketsatshrewsbury.com/cruising-at-the-markets/

I know the food is good...we've been there for that, on a Saturday morning. ;)

I couldn't get there until 5-ish. I know my wife's BFF and her hubby leave Essex at 11:30am....EFF that...LOL.

10xclean

MDS Supporter
    Dec 23, 2008
    Kingsville
    carcruiseguide.com - semi monthly freebie book. 2 sections in the book about car shows, and then in the back is a section for weekly/monthly regular shows... I run a 68 F250 390 4 speed... and a Hellcat.... Have an autistic son that loves car shows and walking around. The people at the shows are very tolerant of him and his ramblings... loves to talk...

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    I know the food is good...we've been there for that, on a Saturday morning. ;)

I couldn't get there until 5-ish. I know my wife's BFF and her hubby leave Essex at 11:30am....EFF that...LOL.

You should be fine getting there at 5:00. Like I said cars are constantly coming and going. I am not aware of them doing it again this Friday unless it is some sort of a make up date being we have had so much damn rain this year. I won't be able to make this Friday any way. A few of us are kicking around heading up to Yellow Bullet this Saturday to spectate if the weather looks decent.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    There is a car show on September 29th at Sykesville Fire Hall carnival grounds. 9:00am-2:00pm (registration from 9:00-12:00). Benefits "Oil Heat Cares" and "Maryland Cares" programs. (Rain date 9/30)

$15 pre-registration, $20 at the gate to enter a vehicle.

Trophies/plaques include, Top 25, Best of show, Sponsors choice, Kids choice, Top 3 motorcycles. Dash plaques to 1st 75 entries.

This is the show that we have held at Gamber Fire Hall for the past 3 years, which we have now moved to Sykesville Fire Hall. It keeps growing every year.

If you want to pre register a vehicle, contact ralphadams@parkerfuel.com

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    You should be fine getting there at 5:00. Like I said cars are constantly coming and going. I am not aware of them doing it again this Friday unless it is some sort of a make up date being we have had so much damn rain this year. I won't be able to make this Friday any way. A few of us are kicking around heading up to Yellow Bullet this Saturday to spectate if the weather looks decent.

It is indeed a make-up date due to the abundance of rain this year...

I had put in to run/qualify in the Pro Street class at the Yellow Bullet, but can't handle staying there for at least 3 days...with sleep apnea, and a bad back, just isn't something I can do...:o

Last edited:

Sirex