So.. What are the realistic odds of the Clinton Era ban coming back?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    At that point, wouldnt it end up in a damn near civil war??

Not just because of guns but the urban / rural divide will result in left/right groups in armed conflict. This exact scenario played out in Austria between WW1 and the Anschulss. How it plays out from there is anyone's guess, it could fizzle out or go full-blown Yugoslavia.

armed_economist

Dec 4, 2017
    Besides AR15s, what else could be included in a potential ban? How about handguns used by military, like glocks and sigs?

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    cmon guys. what's all this 'inevitable' crap? did we give up when the germans bombed pearl harbor??? VOTE and CONVERT.

cmon guys. what's all this 'inevitable' crap? did we give up when the germans bombed pearl harbor??? VOTE and CONVERT.

vote for whom? The left wing gun grabbers or the right wing gun grabbers? This issue has evolved beyond saving at the ballot box. The only thing both sides care about is remaining in office. They will say and do anything they believe will get them re-elected...Just ask Larry Hogan

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    vote for whom? The left wing gun grabbers or the right wing gun grabbers? This issue has evolved beyond saving at the ballot box. The only thing both sides care about is remaining in office. They will say and do anything they believe will get them re-elected...Just ask Larry Hogan

you don't even have to go that high in office, jerry clark, deb rey, matt morgan. three southern md republican fake 2a supporting traitors that sold us out for their own political gains.

Besides AR15s, what else could be included in a potential ban? How about handguns used by military, like glocks and sigs?

Much of the gun grabbing legislation in this country has its roots in what California does. Gerry Brown is out as of next Jan. His Lt Gov, Gavin Newsome has already publicly stated that if he wins the gov election and the California general assembly passes a bill banning all mag fed semi-auto fire arms he will sign it, whether it grants grandfathering or not (it won't). Sure it will be challenged..the 9th circus will uphold it and SCOTUS will probably refuse to hear it...That will pave the way for other states and/or the feds to pass similar laws,,,Just like when the 4th circus allowed the MD AWB to remain in place because "weapons of war are not protected by the 2A" and now we have other states passing AWBs...don't wring your hands over it..it's coming...the only question you need to ponder is "do I comply or fight" and if you decide to fight, start prepping..

GOG-MD

Aug 23, 2017
    AA County

That's the scary thing. When Republicans started to cave and get behind gun control - damn RINOs - who do you vote for? I'm still on the mailing list for my old senators and reps from New Mexico from before I moved to MD, and even they're starting to talk about "common sense gun control".

you don't even have to go that high in office, jerry clark, deb rey, matt morgan. three southern md republican fake 2a supporting traitors that sold us out for their own political gains.

not just in state government...and some of the blame can be laid at the feet of the NRA. For decades they endorsed and supported democrats that claimed to be pro 2A....until they got into office...hundreds of lefties are in office right now at all levels of government partially because they were endorsed by the NRA. I sent a letter to NRA ILA years ago asking them why and their response was basically because they needed reasonable voices in both parties. .Hogwash....as soon as they get sworn in their 2A support goes into the circular file...

crashmore

Dec 28, 2008
    Maryland
    That's the scary thing. When Republicans started to cave and get behind gun control - damn RINOs - who do you vote for? I'm still on the mailing list for my old senators and reps from New Mexico from before I moved to MD, and even they're starting to talk about "common sense gun control".

I don’t think this is inevitable and the defeatist attitude isn’t going to help. Time for our community to get active as a whole. There have been a lot of us on the sidelines for too long.

General George S. Patton quote: "Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politicians."

in general only fools and shysters run for office. If they tell you different they are lying..Good patriotic men and women don't want to be associated with politics..We could end this with term limits but these criminals are never going to vote to terminate their own importance..

I don’t think this is inevitable and the defeatist attitude isn’t going to help. Time for our community to get active as a whole. There have been a lot of us on the sidelines for too long.

When there are those among us that actually agree with banning MSRs we are fractured. Beyond that we cannot collectively "scream" loudly like the left can because then we become "gun nuts" and threats according to the leftists and they use our activism against us. You can't fight that..

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    It WILL happen and it will
    NEVER sunset again...GUARANTEED.
    That's ok...we'll just keep using the empty threat of utilizing the 2A as it was intended to stop them. It's worked out great for us so far.
    California and Maryland are previews of the beginning of what's to come at a national level. May as well shoot up your ammo now and then sell your stuff while you can still get anything for it. None of us law abiding citizens are going to do anything against our govt...we're not like extreme left liberals who do that crap and then get a free pass.

It WILL happen and it will
    NEVER sunset again...GUARANTEED.
    That's ok...we'll just keep using the empty threat of utilizing the 2A as it was intended to stop them. It's worked out great for us so far.
    California and Maryland are previews of the beginning of what's to come at a national level. May as well shoot up your ammo now and then sell your stuff while you can still get anything for it. None of us law abiding citizens are going to do anything against our govt...we're not like extreme left liberals who do that crap and then get a free pass.

I'm not sure if that was sarcasm or not...There are definitely people and groups prepped and ready to do exactly that..They won't draw first blood though. You're not going to see a first strike armed revolt if that's what you mean..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom