• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    Chantilly is making noises like they will finally be able to hold a show, 21-23 Aug at the Dulles Expo Center in VA. If you are able to volunteer please send an e-mail to events at marylandshallissue with a .org They are still monkeying around with show hours, so this might look a little different than some of their previous shows.

Chantilly Gun Show
    Dulles Expo Center
    Friday - Sunday, 21-23 Aug
    4320 Chantilly Shopping Center
    Chantilly, VA 20153

Show open to the public:
    Friday - 1:00 PM to 8:00 PM
    Saturday - 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
    Sunday - 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM

Friday 21 Aug
    1:00 - 5:00 PM
    1. ShafTed
    2. Robert S.
    3. Jake4U

5:00 - 8:00 PM
    1. ShafTed

Saturday 22 Aug
    9:00 AM - 1:00 PM

1:00 - 6:00 PM

Sunday 23 Aug
    9:00 AM - 1:00 PM

1:00 - 5:00 PM
    1. ShafTed

If you're a first-timer, there is good info here:

https://www.marylandshallissue.org/...ry/4-public-documents/56-msi-show-primer-2018

Volunteers get free admission to the show. (And there's nothing to prevent a little shopping before or after your shift.) Another thing worth mentioning, some vendors, upon seeing you have a vendor badge, will give a few $$ off a purchase. Not all vendors will do this, but it could be an added bonus for volunteers.

MSI now also has a volunteer incentive program, if you volunteer for a total of four shifts at gun shows (all day Saturday or Sunday counts as two shifts) you will get a FREE membership renewal!

Last edited:

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    Yes, this show is officially on, Gov. Blackface hasn't been able to kill this one yet. I've been in touch with the promoter.

Looking good for the 1st shift Friday, maybe get another volunteer for the 2nd half, or someone could stay to help me on the late shift. It used to be easier when they opened at 3:00

Still plenty of room the other two days.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    I have no idea, but today was never what I would call crowded inside, the aisles are pretty wide. I did hear reports of long waits in line to get in, probably depending on your arrival time.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I have no idea, but today was never what I would call crowded inside, the aisles are pretty wide. I did hear reports of long waits in line to get in, probably depending on your arrival time.

Nice seeing you and chatting, ShafTed, and thanks for re-upping my MSI membership!

Thanks for manning the table.

JonJon81

Aug 14, 2019
    Wasn’t crowded on the inside. Definitely a long line outside if you got there late. Myself and a buddy of mine got there around 730a and it was probably about 50 people in line already. Line got longer really quick. If you plan on attending tomorrow get there early as possible.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    it was mentioned upthread that management was maintaining a headcount of 600 attendees in the main hall . and that certainly looked plausible .

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Did any vendors even have any product to sell, other then magazines or beef jerky?

There were a few that had stuff, and some had some decent prices if you took the time to look. I came away with looking Beretta 84F for a very reasonable price and the dealer gave me the magazine, and even walked it over to TK for the transfer.

Almost picked up a Beretta 1951 as well, a dealer had about 10 - 12 of them for under $290.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    There were a few that had stuff, and some had some decent prices if you took the time to look. I came away with looking Beretta 84F for a very reasonable price and the dealer gave me the magazine, and even walked it over to TK for the transfer.

Almost picked up a Beretta 1951 as well, a dealer had about 10 - 12 of them for under $290.

Wasn't DK was it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom