• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • f1racecar

MDS Supporter
    Feb 11, 2011
    Havre de Grace
    :thumbsup:
    Big gun show at Oaks (PA) next weekend, 2000 tables.
    Check web site for one dollar off coupon.
    :thumbsup:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I'll be there. Not sure if it will be Saturday or Sunday. My son has to work Friday night on a special project, so we may just hit the show on Sunday.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Going up Friday , Date night Friday with the wife then the show on Saturday :)

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Going up Friday , Date night Friday with the wife then the show on Saturday :)

Did you say she'd go to the King of Prussia Mall and you'd hit the gun show? What are the odds that you can spend more than she will? :D

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Sounds like a household budget nightmare to me!

A woman loose in that mall could be devastating to one's bank account. Add to that one of the best gun shows on the east coast and a man being let loose by himself with spousal support is just asking for trouble. j/k

It should be a great time for both of them.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    How is this show compared the Chantilly show? I mean can I still buy a gun and some fine art at the same time ?

I haven't been to a Chantilly show for some time. But the Oaks show is a great show. There is something there for everyone. You can still find your jerky table, the guy that sells the furniture that hides you firearms. A bunch of surplus stuff, but gobs and gobs of ffl dealers, NFA dealers too.

Be forewarned. Do not eat at the show. The food is terrible.

Everything else is great. When you pull in, don't try to find a parking spot out front. Drive around to the back. They have an entrance there too and more parking.

3 BIG buildings, all interconnected. So once you're inside, you don't have to go outside other than to leave.

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    I haven't been to a Chantilly show for some time. But the Oaks show is a great show. There is something there for everyone. You can still find your jerky table, the guy that sells the furniture that hides you firearms. A bunch of surplus stuff, but gobs and gobs of ffl dealers, NFA dealers too.

Be forewarned. Do not eat at the show. The food is terrible.

Everything else is great. When you pull in, don't try to find a parking spot out front. Drive around to the back. They have an entrance there too and more parking.

3 BIG buildings, all interconnected. So once you're inside, you don't have to go outside other than to leave.

THIS. I had to make three stops between Oaks and Harford County two years ago thanks to lunch I had at the show. Never again.

The show is many times better than Chantilly. I have gotten a decent item to bring home each time. You have to look a little bit, but there is really something for almost everyone there.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I'll probably be there for a billiards tournament the week after. $10K and $20K on the table at times! ... I'll be a spectator for those.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Any Maryland FFL's heading up to facilitate handgun transfers?

Probably not.

I've seen a New Jersey Gun Right vendor table. It's probably more NJ orientated for that border state influence than Maryland related like the York show.

A few years ago I saw a bunch of people scramble away from a table fast and the guy on the other side of the table started to say really loud "No New Jersey Gun sales" a few iterations while putting his hands over his mouth like a loudspeaker. I guess he was getting annoyed by the amount of Jerseyites waddling around asking to buy something they cant have.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Look for me today, blue t-shirt that says "Reading" on the back or a tattered orange hoodie

I think I'm going to try to make it there today as well. I'll be the best looking guy there. ;)

May not get there until after 3pm. But I should be there sometime today.

Good hunting to all. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom