• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    yeah, but may not be prohibited elsewhere... kind of like 10+ round mags.

they may be ok at home (state), but they'll nail you here.

The thread is about DC isn't it? DC law applies.

Wheaton Hills Sportsman

Jan 27, 2012
    In DC you can get convicted and sent to jail for having a spent cartridge case, or a loose projectile, DO NOT bring ammunition into the City unless you have it with your DC gun carry permit and your DC gun carry permitted firearm. Possession of magazines above a certain size [I think 10] also good for some time in the DC Jail, at the very least you would be arrested and have a serious criminal charge on your record, a felony.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Possession of magazines above a certain size [I think 10] also good for some time in the DC Jail, at the very least you would be arrested and have a serious criminal charge on your record, a felony.

Unless you're a Media Personality. Then you can flaunt your lawbreaking on a national TV network, and avoid all charges.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    DC Laws = Someones head up their A$$

Not Legal in DC

Attachments

• 300 Win Mag Pen.jpg
      300 Win Mag Pen.jpg
      17.7 KB · Views: 223

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    KFC moved this building from where the red X is to its present location because DC health inspectors insisted it was in DC and not MD. It was built to stay on the MD side of the center-line of Eastern Ave, but DC sometimes claims the sidewalk as within their jurisdiction. You can see the disputed territory via the 2 lines. One could very well accidentally cross into DC in this parking lot and not know it.

Attachments

• Blair Rd Parking lot.jpg
      Blair Rd Parking lot.jpg
      123 KB · Views: 202

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    DC is covered by FOPA. There is no case of valid FOPA being denied in DC.

FOPA has a lot of conditions -- all of which must be met in any state to claim FOPA. DC, like Mass, Maryland, Conn, NY, NJ will prosecute you under all their laws if you do not meet all the FOPA requirements.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Does that apply to driving thru as well? As in coming from MD dropping a family member off at a metro inside DC then traveling thru to Virginia?
    Driving though is covered under FOPA if you meet all FOPA conditions. The OP seems to be going in and out, ie from Maryland into DC to do some things and back, that is not a FOPA defense in any state.

As far as Ammo per se, DC like a number of places requires you to be a registrant of a gun to have ammo, going in and out is not a FOPA transit, so ammo alone would be a crime in the case of going into dc to stop and do some things.

DC and a few other jurisdictions (eg Massachussters) do consider parts of ammo that can be assembled as ammo. so spent centerfire, shotgun brass, primers, cast bullets, cordite are "ammo" (but rimfire brass is not.)

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    So, what about driving through DC, throwing ammo out the window? Covered by FOPA?

Hey! Look! It's the candy ammo man!

Yes, I know that ridiculous, but so is the DC prohibition on unregistered ammo.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    While I wouldn't want to bet too hard on this, I've also heard that DC doesn't clamp down hard on people from out of state on this if it's a minor violation like "accidentally had a shell casing or cartridge rolling around in your trunk". If you're a DC resident, though... be damned careful coming back grom the range.

ammo

I find myself having to take my personal vehicle into DC today and was wondering if I need to remove my ammo stash from my truck, or is it ok now that the gun laws have changed? No guns, just ammo. I always keep extra in case I get to the range and forget to pack boolitz.
    Thanks

It may not be unlawful to transport ammunition through D.C., however I feel it is very imprudent. I have always been a firm believer in "don't give them reason to F*** with you", and I have gotten a LOT of trouble-free mileage out of that. Just my .02.................................!

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Going THROUGH DC is different than going INTO DC the difference being if DC is your destination you cannot raise FOPA as an affirmative defense because DC was your destination, not going through it

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom