• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sewer Rat

Ultimate Member
    My youngest wants to wear his Mom's wedding band on a chain around his neck... is there jewelers in Frederick area that are 2A friendly and honest?

Not wanting to go to chain store... independent, Mom n Pop preferred.

Thanks

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    In my experience, having commissioned a lot of custom jewelry, the best jeweler in Frederick is Gold Thumb on West Patrick Street. It's been there for decades and family-owned.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    In my experience, having commissioned a lot of custom jewelry, the best jeweler in Frederick is Gold Thumb on West Patrick Street. It's been there for decades and family-owned.

X2 on Gold Thumb. I don't know about 2A...never came up...but they custom made my and my wife's wedding bands and my wife had another custom pendant made by them. Nice folks and quality work. He told me not many people besides him would do my wedding band the way I wanted. It's a rose gold band with a channel running down the middle which is filled with white gold with yin-yang symbols. I'll see if I can get a shot. Kinda hard to see the rose gold borders. They show up better than that since you can kind of see them from the sides too. Hers is yellow gold, alternating yin-yang and diamonds.

Attachments

• IMG_0990.jpg
      IMG_0990.jpg
      62.1 KB · Views: 380

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Wholesale Diamond Consultants is a great place.
    I have purchased several pieces from them.
    I have no idea about 2A stance but they are honest and willing to work with you. Been around for 20+ years.
    Over by the Hampton Inn on Buckeystown Pike.

Stay FAR away from Colonial Jewelers. They screwed me right before I got married and I will NEVER go back.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Stay away from Jared. Very anti 2A

Not that I'm a regular jewelry shopper or anything but, their moronic TV-advertising campaigns are enough to keep me away...and with Valentines Day just five weeks away, they'll be saturation bombing the airwaves every 15 minutes with that, "he went to Jared" BS. There's not many ads that make me change the channel faster than a Jared ad.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Not that I'm a regular jewelry shopper or anything but, their moronic TV-advertising campaigns are enough to keep me away...and with Valentines Day just five weeks away, they'll be saturation bombing the airwaves every 15 minutes with that, "he went to Jared" BS. There's not many ads that make me change the channel faster than a Jared ad.

I bet "My Pillow" ads are one of your favorites too, right? I leap for the remote every time I hear "Hi!!! I'm Mike..." CLICK.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I bet "My Pillow" ads are one of your favorites too, right? I leap for the remote every time I hear "Hi!!! I'm..." CLICK.

Back in the day, network programming directors used to actually screen advertising matter before letting it go on-air. If it didn't pass muster and if it wasn't suitable, they could tell the advertiser to re-work the ad so it didn't insult their audience's intelligence. Can you imagine that nowadays? The broadcast day would go from 24 hours a-day to about 4 hours a-day. Few, if any, TV stations would still be in business.

The worst offenders nowadays, without a doubt, are the pharmaceutical companies. I tune-those-out (change channels) faster than you can say, 'Neulasta' or 'Viversi'. I'd like to spike-tackle the ginger in the flesh-colored bodysuit who follows the girl with IBS around everywhere she goes. I understand they're trying to convey how annoying IBS would be to live with and I'll give them credit: they nailed it. But nobody needs to see that same ad every 15 minutes for two consecutive hours. Nobody. I dare say if I was afflicted with IBS, I'd have a prescription for something before I left the doctor's office.

And if I hear the 'Tomorrow' song (theme from 'Annie') used in the ad for 'Entresto' again, I'm liable to start breaking shit. Can you tell I spend an inordinate amount of time watching The Weather Channel? I'm a meteorology buff, at least, that's what I tell myself when I'm watching Stephanie and Jen. ;)

So, combine horrendously bad advertising with saturation-bombing audiences over and over and over again with the same crap and what you get is called 'tune-out factor' and it used to be the #1 nightmare of network programmers. Tune-out factor is what occurs with viewers, like you and me, who keep remote controls handy...for just such emergencies. :D Apparently, it isn't even a consideration anymore.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    A&D Pawn in Glen Burnie. I've made a few firearm purchases from them they also deal in gold and silver

JayJeweler

Jan 31, 2013
    https://www.facebook.com/CountyLineJewelry/
    thanks!

N ever used them before, but owner is active USPSA shooter.
    Want to support local jewelers who are also 2A friendly... While I understand some people don't advertise thier stances; the big chains are impersonal and just follow the money/flow.

Thanks, will check out Gold Thumb.
    I own County Line Jewelry in Clarksburg, MD
    I do light "gunsmithing", ultrasonic deep cleaning, polishing/refinishing, as well as laser engraving.

OH and I do make jewelry, all by hand old school. I do all types of repair and watches. let me know how I can help

Jason@countylinejewelry.com
    1896 Urbana Pike #5a
    Clarksburg, MD 20871
    301-363-2563

BerettaTMC

Apr 12, 2010
    I own County Line Jewelry in Clarksburg, MD
    I do light "gunsmithing", ultrasonic deep cleaning, polishing/refinishing, as well as laser engraving.

OH and I do make jewelry, all by hand old school. I do all types of repair and watches. let me know how I can help

Jason@countylinejewelry.com
    1896 Urbana Pike #5a
    Clarksburg, MD 20871
    301-363-2563

Funny seeing you on here!

I would highly recommend Jason at County Line Jewelry. He has actually made a number of high quality pieces for me over the years. :thumbsup:

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I am wondering I have my dads Korea (Army) , trench art ring (I think it is) it has a cheap stone and needs to be rounded and repaired in the back .

Should I get it resized and wear it and replace the stone or just do a minimum fix and pack it away ?? I may want to wear it .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Alanharper

Latest threads

Top Bottom