I’m done being unarmed in Baltimore. Watch these videos!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore
    That is former Delegate and staunch 2A supporter, Mike Smiegel.

It was a staged to make a point!

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Pretty sure Mike was collecting video evidence that Gansler's assertion that open carry of long guns was legal, but the reality is that it isn't/wasn't a good idea. Part of an overall strategy to combat MD's G&S that failed in the long run. Lots of folks tried their best to work towards eliminating G&S. So far, unsuccessfully.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Sure seems it. That was the real sherrif and a deputy? Or actors? Real cars? A waste of tax payer’s money. To what end. If he was so sure that”testimony” of gansler, really in court ramblings, authorized the action, why wasn’t it loaded.

Biff_N

Jan 7, 2010

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Pretty sure Mike was collecting video evidence that Gansler's assertion that open carry of long guns was legal, but the reality is that it isn't/wasn't a good idea. Part of an overall strategy to combat MD's G&S that failed in the long run. Lots of folks tried their best to work towards eliminating G&S. So far, unsuccessfully.

Sorry not to know, but what is G&S. I know mike, and yes, he spent a lot of time on 2A issues, maybe enough so that he lost his seat where i vote. But i am appreciative of him and his efforts. Sometimes over the top somthese lost effectivness. But better than not being tried.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Sorry not to know, but what is G&S. I know mike, and yes, he spent a lot of time on 2A issues, maybe enough so that he lost his seat where i vote. But i am appreciative of him and his efforts. Sometimes over the top somthese lost effectivness. But better than not being tried.

I'll add, Good and Substantial is an arbitrary threshold requirement established by the Licensing Division (LD) that must be achieved to qualify for a carry permit. Sadly, there is absolutely NO empirical definition that has ever been enacted. It is up to the Licensing Division to evaluate the totality of a person's circumstances before they will consider issuing a permit (which they most often deny anyway). Or, in the minority of applications, they issue a permit so heavily restricted that it may be a challenge to abide by the nebulously worded restrictions.

To qualify for a permit, an individual must be able to prove that they have an apprehended danger that is greater than that of the average citizen. That is most often interpreted by the LD to mean that the individual is transporting items of value which would make him/her more likely to be the victim of a robbery or assault. Or that they can document that there is an ongoing threat to their life.

In Maryland, the current pattern would lead an intelligent person to believe that the LD thinks that it is more honorable and legal for a person to be the victim of a random violent crime than to allow that person to be able to prevent the assault and defend themselves. That it is better to get beaten, raped, robbed, kidnapped or murdered than it would be for that individual to be able to prevent it by having a concealed carry permit. That is the real effect of G&S.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I'm sure the perp who pulled the gun had no priors, had an HQL, and was granted a carry permit by the HPRB against the wishes of the state police......

Jen? Liz?

I am sure he worked a 60 hour week for years on end to pay his bills and with what was left over after taxes etc, legally bought his weapon at a gun store or better yet via Gun Show loopholes because there weren't enough "common sense" gun laws to prevent him from doing so too.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    And Paul Kerseys.

Too much work for 1 man

"Goetzes and Kerseys" - said the same thing the other night. The problem will never be solved until the Mayor, City Council, and State's Attorney decide to stop making excuses for their people and actually fight crime with stiffer penalties, no plea bargains, and support for the line officers out there fighting the war everyday and very often fighting the same punks because some do-gooder judge let them back on the streets. The cops are the good guys, the hoodies traveling in packs and attacking people like wild dogs are the bad guys, it's just that simple. I can't believe Mosby mentioned Freddie Gray in an interview the other day - she lost that witch hunt, justice served, move on.

Baltimore could use a few Bernie Goetzes.

Or 1 Michael Douglas

https://images.google.com/imgres?im...2yuqCfJYGcM:&vet=1&w=500&h=785&source=sh/x/im

ToneGrail

MSI, NRA, & SAF Member
    Dec 18, 2008
    Towson, People's Republik of MD
    https://video.nest.com/clip/1e74b29a19af41fba81cf97a99424f6f.mp4

https://ring.com/share/6521893248976443753

Being in Baltimore is Good & Substantial no matter what anyone else says. The entire general assembly needs to be forced to watch this.

The Democrats who run the city don't mind this. In their eyes its income redistribution to a bloc of their constituents -- unemployed minorities on govt assistance. They're probably laughing at the irony of knowing that the victims are also voting for them.

Fd3stt

Sep 1, 2016
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Baltimore resident here.

I live in federal hill, been here for 2 years now. My wife has been here for about 10 years. Most of my neighbors are not just friends, but REALLY good friends. I was apprehensive about moving here because of crime, but the tight knit nature of the community quelled my fear.

At least initially.

I don't care what the numbers and statistics bear. I no longer feel safe walking even a couple blocks from my house. My wife gets home late enough that she usually can't park on our street. She stops by and I ride with her so she doesn't have to walk alone. It isn't enough though, considering the types of attacks that have been happening.

It pains me to think about moving away from my friends, but that thought is now a daily occurrence. Sadly I don't see any other way. The leadership in Baltimore is shit, has been shit for decades, and will likely be shit far into the future.

DentonDog

May 18, 2017
    Caroline Co, MD
    Really sad. I stay clear of Bmore, but the evil there is spreading into other areas. Can't understand why the legislature is so blind to this, and when noticed, pass laws that only encourage it.

gaptrick

Jun 18, 2013
    N.E. Ohio
    I follow this forum from Ohio. I do it I suppose because its hard to look away from a train wreck. How the proud people of MD can allow this... I just don't get this. I watch that vid and keep expecting that victim to defend himself until I come to the realization that his government won't allow it.

I pray you can somehow change this up and can get your rights. It sickens me.

Grendelicious

Mar 29, 2017
    And yet the only thing I'm hearing anyone say is ban ARs... Not enact any single meaningful degree of countermeasure at schools like we have at almost any office building or store, not analyze and effect why mentally unstable people are so easily able to get guns, not talking about meaningful laws that would ACTUALLY reduce the majority of gun crimes (poor people with shitty guns shooting other poor people)... but ban ARs. An AR is the only thing that would let me stand a chance against these scum. Tell me this wouldnt stop happening if even a single alert citizen in his apartment was allowed to intervene with a few well placed rounds of 556...

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Baltimore resident here.

I live in federal hill, been here for 2 years now. My wife has been here for about 10 years. Most of my neighbors are not just friends, but REALLY good friends. I was apprehensive about moving here because of crime, but the tight knit nature of the community quelled my fear.

At least initially.

I don't care what the numbers and statistics bear. I no longer feel safe walking even a couple blocks from my house. My wife gets home late enough that she usually can't park on our street. She stops by and I ride with her so she doesn't have to walk alone. It isn't enough though, considering the types of attacks that have been happening.

It pains me to think about moving away from my friends, but that thought is now a daily occurrence. Sadly I don't see any other way. The leadership in Baltimore is shit, has been shit for decades, and will likely be shit far into the future.

I encourage you to testify to this effect on every relevant gun Bill. Personal stories are, unfortunately, far more persuasive than facts to the legiscritters. If you've never done it, don't sweat it. It is easy. See the stickies in the MD 2A forum. I'm going tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom