• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Forgive me. I cannot seem to get a search box on my phone...

I want to buy a handgun from a private party, and haven't done so since the electronic 77R thing started, as far as a private person to person, sale...I've only bought new, and haven't done that for several months either...

Do I have to print out the form from the MSP website, or do I just need the PIN to take with me to an MSP barracks to start the transfer process?

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I believe that if you are a Maryland resident it needs to be done either at a FFL in Maryland or at a MSP barracks. Go to either with your pin, they pull up your form, complete it, verifly the s/n, then both come back on the 8th day to transfer and complete the sale.

ground chuck

Rookie Jedi
    Sep 28, 2013
    Charm City County
    I believe that if you are a Maryland resident it needs to be done either at a FFL in Maryland or at a MSP barracks. Go to either with your pin, they pull up your form, complete it, verifly the s/n, then both come back on the 8th day to transfer and complete the sale.
    Thanks, I don't think that will work as he's all the way down in front royal. I guess he could transfer it to a ffl in MD.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Thanks, I don't think that will work as he's all the way down in front royal. I guess he could transfer it to a ffl in MD.

If the seller is in VA, then he absolutely needs to send it to an FFL in Maryland per federal law. You then get to pay a transfer fee to the FFL, fill out the 77r online, go to the FFL and have them fill out their portion, submit to MSP< wait 7 days, pick up your handgun.

ground chuck

Rookie Jedi
    Sep 28, 2013
    Charm City County
    If the seller is in VA, then he absolutely needs to send it to an FFL in Maryland per federal law. You then get to pay a transfer fee to the FFL, fill out the 77r online, go to the FFL and have them fill out their portion, submit to MSP< wait 7 days, pick up your handgun.
    7 days even if I already have a hql?

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    You wait 7 days to “cool off” even if you already have 25 handguns, and as said before have already been background-checked & fingerprinted thru the HQL process. Don’t try to make sense of it, it’s not worth the headache.

ground chuck

Rookie Jedi
    Sep 28, 2013
    Charm City County
    FFS, ok, I knew you all would know the answer. Thanks for the info. I'll have to evaluate when or not it's in my best interest to pursue this transaction.

Any want to give me a valuation on a glock 30, stippled grips, lone wolf threaded stainless barrel, 5 mags with pierce grip extensions, 3.5 ghost trigger internals polished, tfo tru glow aries sights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom