• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • magnetic1

Jun 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    the class or the member certification?

I think they have a holster draw certification for members that runs $20, and
    a separate 2 hour holster draw and reload class that costs $90.

I fairly certain you have to be a member to get holster draw privileges.

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    Yeah, the $20 certification is the minimum requirement and you do have to be a member.

The certification was pretty painless. They run it if there is a free staffer available at the time. The staffer went over their rules (OWB only, notify counter when checking in so they can get you a special holster draw lane, etc.). Then inspected the holster (no floppy nylon, etc). I signed a form acknowledging the holster draw rules. Then I did 5x dry fire reps on command before going to the range and performing 5-10 live fire reps. The evaluation seemed to consider prior experience and training, so maybe that was why it was so straightforward for me? I saw on their calendar that there is a 2hr holster draw class on Tuesday evenings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adenosine

Sep 20, 2016
    Hot brass down the front of her shirt. Frantically tried to remove brass from cleavage without setting gun down and discharged in to her arm.

Speaking as someone who has been at various ranges on "date night" (not for that purpose) and thus had an opportunity to gawk at the natives, I'm shocked it took this long. Because definitely, if you're going to bring your girlfriend to the range, have her wear high-heeled open-toed shoes, hot pants, and a belly shirt with a deep v-neck; that's ideal for an activity involving the rapid ejection of hot brass.

montyw2

Feb 11, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    To further clarify, it was not a deep V-neck shirt. It was a very unfortunate bounce off the side partition which then hit her chin and deflected down her shirt.

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Anybody at TMGN this evening say Hi.
    I will be a guest instructor teaching a Basic AR 15 Intro Class.

Chris

QueenBee3200

Mar 5, 2017
    TMGN is a great place. The staff is out of this world friendly. The place is clean and you get to use your cell phone to take pics and video if you want to. I used to go to On Target - but not anymore. I have already taken 2 classes as TMGN and I'll be taking more. Plus I'll be getting some private lessons to really work on my shooting. I am a member there too.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    My browser inserts the bracketed URL on both ends inside the bracketed yt, even if I edit and remove them. Should it do that?

...and thanks!

I go to the location bar, and right-click-copy. Or if you mouse over a video right-click-copy video URL. After you paste the link, between the yt brackets, delete everything except the relevant code (characters after v= as noted above). Again, no spaces between brackets and the code.

If you browser is un-deleting stuff, I am not sure why it does that. You should be pasting the URL as text.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Should be. Steel case is fine, steel core is not. Pretty sure Wolf is the stuff they sell. I'd call and double check though - some of the Wolf is "bimetal" meaning thin steel & copper jacket. I am pretty sure bi-metal jacket is still ok, but its always good the check. Also, they are pretty good price-wise for ammo, so you may find its the same price with shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom