• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob.Bee

Oct 13, 2012
    Waldorf, MD
    30&50 caliber ammo cans available at the Brandywine Costco. The brand is Heritage and they are made in China. $14.99 for the pair.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    Thanks for the Heads Up! I stop for gas there on my way home from work.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    That's a good price as they were $19 at the two Costco that I found them. They are decent cans but I found that they didn't stack well with the other milspec cans that I have. They rock pretty badly.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    I found that the bottoms are bowed out. So i take a block of wood, turn the cans upside down, the using the block of wood and a hammer smack the bottom until they sit flat.

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    i bought one of these 2 packs, and the latch on the 50 cal can won't stay shut and down... the latch doesn't seem to have adequate clearance so it bows the container in but doesn't fully clamp down. other than that works fine (aka lock it shut to carry it).

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    That's a good price as they were $19 at the two Costco that I found them. They are decent cans but I found that they didn't stack well with the other milspec cans that I have. They rock pretty badly.

Me too. First couple I bought stacked fine but then I bought a couple more and I couldn't stack them more than 2 high.

I wouldn't recommend them if you are planning on stacking them.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    I found that the bottoms are bowed out. So i take a block of wood, turn the cans upside down, the using the block of wood and a hammer smack the bottom until they sit flat.

I never examined the cans to see what the problem was. I thought the indentation on the bottom wasn't deep enough. I will give your approach a try since there isn't much to lose.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I bought a pair from Costco... I figured they're cheap enough, and 30 cal cans can be handy for storing pistol mags a little bit more compactly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom