• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Recon_D0c

May 30, 2017
    If possible could you guys please post pics of rail disassembly/assembly? Could I get an angle from the business end looking towards the stock as well? Very interested to see what it looks like and how it attaches. Thanks to all who post!

cb1980

Jul 25, 2016
    I have the first gen DI and the rail is mounted with I believe 10 star head screws, just remove them and the rail slides off. I am not at home so can't take pics right now

Recon_D0c

May 30, 2017
    I have the first gen DI and the rail is mounted with I believe 10 star head screws, just remove them and the rail slides off. I am not at home so can't take pics right now

Thank you, what I am most interest in seeing is why a new rail cannot be used in the originals place

cb1980

Jul 25, 2016
    Thank you, what I am most interest in seeing is why a new rail cannot be used in the originals place

I believe to use a new rail you would need to change the barrel nut, most rails come with their own barrel nut as there are several different ways the different rail manufactures can choose to mount their rail to the barrel nut

Recon_D0c

May 30, 2017
    I believe to use a new rail you would need to change the barrel nut, most rails come with their own barrel nut as there are several different ways the different rail manufactures can choose to mount their rail to the barrel nut

I was told this was not the case, interested in finding out why :thumbsup:

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    The upper receiver appears to be longer than a standard upper. I haven't pulled it apart, as mine is a work rifle. There is a LWRC sub forum in the dealer section. They are pretty responsive.

Logan Betterton

May 14, 2015
    Eastern Shore MD
    To swap the rails on the Di, you will just remove the screws that are on the rail. You do not need to remove the barrel nut. The only other rail that works with this is our M-Lok rail system that we sell on the webstore.

Recon_D0c

May 30, 2017
    To swap the rails on the Di, you will just remove the screws that are on the rail. You do not need to remove the barrel nut. The only other rail that works with this is our M-Lok rail system that we sell on the webstore.

where there is a saw there is a way!

@Logan, the rail is 12" correct?

Recon_D0c

May 30, 2017
    Is there any photos or videos of the assembly? Very curious to see if I could cut and drill a rail to fit or if I could cut the proprietary meat off the upper to create enough room to change out said barrel nut. Is there any reasoning to going against the open source way? I'm not sure I see the strategy here. Great gun, strong engine, just its 2017..... Short rails are done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom