• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Agreed. As soon as I know that cmp can and has fulfilled my rifle order...ill order the ammo.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You will also want some additional ammo en bloc clips, yes they are clips not magazines. CMP sell newly manufactured ones.

cswann

Sep 9, 2010
    Frederick MD
    Has any used the selleir and bellot ammunition? Considering it over the HXP Greek stuff if it's non corrosive and or any better.

flynnb3

May 28, 2017
    Has any used the selleir and bellot ammunition? Considering it over the HXP Greek stuff if it's non corrosive and or any better.

If its worth anything I haven't had any problems with PPU but I've only shot about 120 rds or so. They go on sale semi frequently and a re usually cheaper than selleir and bellot

cswann

Sep 9, 2010
    Frederick MD
    Just looking for options...but I don't want to have to worry about pressure...want accuracy...and would like... non corrosive. Although since I plan on reloading...maybe just best to get the HXP...and reload.

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    Just looking for options...but I don't want to have to worry about pressure...want accuracy...and would like... non corrosive. Although since I plan on reloading...maybe just best to get the HXP...and reload.

Well if you want some of last of the HXP the CMP has it on sale now! Here's a quote from the sales page "Take advantage of the National Match sale on this ammo. Available to all customers! Was $144 now $126!! Not valid on previous purchases. No Refunds or Exchanges. Begins 7/14/17." I just ordered 2 cans!

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Well if you want some of last of the HXP the CMP has it on sale now! Here's a quote from the sales page "Take advantage of the National Match sale on this ammo. Available to all customers! Was $144 now $126!! Not valid on previous purchases. No Refunds or Exchanges. Begins 7/14/17." I just ordered 2 cans!

I saw that announcement 2 hours after I left Camp Perry to drive home from the NRA Pistol Nationals. Had I known about the sale price, I would have bought 4!

In any case, the North Store had a great selection of M1 for $850.00 when I was there last week. Many in decent shape.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    The CMP will never sell M14s or M16s. ATF rule is, "Once a machine gun, always a machine gun."

There is probably some legislation that prohibits it, but if they predates the huges amendment, they could still sell the machine guns. Imagine if CMP sold full auto M14, early M-16A1 and A2 and M60s.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    There is probably some legislation that prohibits it, but if they predates the huges amendment, they could still sell the machine guns. Imagine if CMP sold full auto M14, early M-16A1 and A2 and M60s.

What's written with a pen can be changed by a pen, just need a Congress and President willing to do it.

bpm32

Nov 26, 2010

In the early days of the National Matches, the teams match featured M1903s and BARs like a real infantry squad. Apparently some of the local shooting clubs had BARs so they could field teams. Now, of course, Rattle Battle is just ARs. Lame.

If I ran things we'd update: the team captains would have radios to call in close air support on the targets.

cswann

Sep 9, 2010
    Frederick MD
    I ordered 2 cans of the HXP from cmp..but was wondering if anyone new where to find M2 ball ammo locally. Looks like my rifle will be arriving tomorrow while my ammo hasn't shipped yet...want to shoot this weekend if possible.

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    Wow nice that was pretty fast, not sure of any sources for m2 ball other than cmp/gun shows. I think federal makes 30-06 that says "for m1 garand" right on the box, might be able to find some somewhere. If you're really desperate you can shoot normal factory ammo through it as long as they're less than 180 grains, and I would definitely stick to 150 grain. Wouldn't make a habit of it though. If it's going to be a while until you get m2 ball you can get an adjustable gas plug to shoot just about anything through it

chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    I looked up some pictures of the special field grade that people have posted..they looked great, and purchasers for the most part got better than they expected, pitting was minimal imo. So, opting to give my self the best Chance for a good shooter I went that route..specialfieldgrade.
    Order is in the mail..will arrive to cmp tomorrow.

Here' my field grade special

https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=4689929&postcount=93

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom