• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    Yeah, but when you go back to your DC office directly, where to put the gun? DC is pretty strict.

Maybe this would be a good time to recruit some law abiding Va residents to be around and provide some armed passive security, my guess is the VCDL would provide their membership who would do it for free.:innocent0

Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD
    These scum bags will pass a Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act for them only. Screw you Joe Citizen, let them eat cake.

just like they exempted themselves from Obama care.:mad54:

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    These scum bags will pass a Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act for them only. Screw you Joe Citizen, let them eat cake.

just like they exempted themselves from Obama care.:mad54:

It's been tried......

https://biotech.law.lsu.edu/blaw/olc/depmar.htm

DEPUTIZATION OF MEMBERS OF CONGRESS
    AS SPECIAL DEPUTY U.S. MARSHALS

The deputization of members of Congress as special Deputy U.S. Marshals is inconsistent with separation of powers principles and with the statutory language and historical practice governing special deputation.

May 25, 1994
    MEMORANDUM FOR FRANCIS J. MARTIN
    ACTING GENERAL COUNSEL
    UNITED STATES MARSHALS SERVICE

You have requested our assistance in determining whether the United States Marshals Service may deputize members of Congress as special Deputy U.S. Marshals. The Director of the Marshals Service is authorized to deputize the following individuals to perform the functions of Deputy Marshals: selected officers or employees of the Department of Justice; federal, state or local law enforcement officers; private security personnel to provide courtroom security for the Federal judiciary; and other persons designated by the Associate Attorney General. 28 C.F.R. § 0.112; see also 28 U.S.C. § 561(f) (authorizing Director of Marshals Service to appoint "such employees as are necessary to carry out the powers and duties of the Service").....

We believe that deputation of members of Congress is inconsistent with separation of powers principles and with the statutory language and historical practice governing special deputation.(1) First, deputizing members of Congress violates the principle recognized in Bowsher v. Synar, 478 U.S. 714 (1986), that Congress may not exceed its constitutionally prescribed authority by playing a direct role in executing the laws..............

Members of Congress presumably request special deputation so that they may carry weapons for personal security and not so that they may actually execute or enforce the law. Nonetheless, deputized members of Congress will have statutory authority to enforce the law. Moreover, the fact that a legislative usurpation of executive power may prove to be innocuous or inchoate does not mean that it is constitutionally permissible. Legislative intrusions into the executive sphere that may prove harmless in practice nonetheless violate separation of powers principles.

It is therefore our conclusion that the Marshals Service cannot continue to grant requests from members of Congress for special deputation. Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.

Walter Dellinger
    Assistant Attorney General

Notice the bolded print.
    It is rumored that at least one congressional member namely Dianne Feinstein was actually deputized for a period of time.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I'll be watching both National Reciprocity bills extra closely to see if they now pick up more cosponsors in light of the shootings.

I'll post updates as I always do

Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD
    If yesterdays shooting does not get them off the fence about DC Gun laws or National Reciprocity then I fear nothing will.

I am afraid this will have the opposite result. The gun grabbers are already doubling down. The law makers are the elite, we simply eat cake. They will vote themselves the ability to carry a firearm but will leave us high and dry.

On a side note, if OweMalley were still in office we would already be hearing about ridiculous new gun laws coming soon. At least with Hogan we have avoided that.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    And yet some here continue to trash him because he hasn't moved as fast as they want. How would things be under a Gov. Brown?

I shudder at the thought. Is Hogan doing enough? Of course not, but we'ed be going backwards with a Dem in the Governor's mansion in Annapolis.

Let's give him a 2nd term and see what he does.

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    As a DC resident every time I hear a "pro gun" Marylander complain about Hogan I ask them "would you like to switch my mayor for your governor?".

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I was screaming at the TV this morning as the anchors postulated about the need for increased security for all law-makers..... when they allow all citizens to be able to protect themselves, then we can talk about this. If this terrible event results in a personal protection detail for all lawmakers, and nothing done for the rest of the American populace, my head will explode.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I was screaming at the TV this morning as the anchors postulated about the need for increased security for all law-makers..... when they allow all citizens to be able to protect themselves, then we can talk about this. If this terrible event results in a personal protection detail for all lawmakers, and nothing done for the rest of the American populace, my head will explode.

I hate to say it, but I seriously doubt they will help the common men and women of this country.

At no point yesterday did I hear anyone talk about the protection of the average citizen. All that was talked about was the dangers our Congress Critters are exposed to. Not once did I hear a call my protection. This incident will only change things for a very small group of Americans, while the rest of us look in, wishing we got some of that.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Does anyone believe DC will deny a member of Congress a CCW for lack of cause?
    I don't.

Maybe, but also aides and lobbyists could be targets. One lobbyists and some aides were at the baseball practice.

I hope what goes around comes around.

GOP sponsors of reciprocity are all over the news saying they will carry, and push reciprocity. GOP seems to have learned from Dems never to let a crisis go to waste.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Am I wrong in insisting that the feds, scotus, whomever, needs to simply affirm that the 2A is beyond the scope of states rights, & it needs to be ruled the law of the land. Nothing less will do. No compromises. Also, penalties for use of a firearm to commit crimes should be increased to address the idiotic utes of the cities. Very simple.
    I approve of this post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom