• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GAL700

Jun 8, 2016
    AA County
    As it turns out the shooter was a Bernie Burn out who hated Trump

Not surprised the Bernie Burnouts seemed to be the most unhinged. The blame President Trump coalition has started.

Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee:

@JacksonLeeTX18

We must address the seeming anger of so many Americans with a caring spirit and action for their basic needs. We must heal this Nation.

Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD
    Not surprised the Bernie Burnouts seemed to be the most unhinged. The blame President Trump coalition has started.

Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee:

@JacksonLeeTX18

We must address the seeming anger of so many Americans with a caring spirit and action for their basic needs. We must heal this Nation.

Ironic coming from one of the WORST offenders:rolleyes:

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Today's incident will likely bump reciprocity:

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/337815-gop-rep-pushes-gun-reciprocity-after-alexandria-shooting

“If this had happened in Georgia, he wouldn’t have gotten too far,” Loudermilk told the Washington Post. “I had a staff member who was in his car maybe 20 yards behind the shooter, who was pinned in his car, who back in Georgia carries a 9-millimeter in his car… He had a clear shot at him. But here, we’re not allowed to carry any weapons here.”

Unfortunately, they are doing it for themselves and not for D.C. residents, but I'll take it any way i can get it.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    They were in VA for crying out loud. VA gun laws are every bit as good as GA. I do get that they all had to retyurn to DC after the practice.

I do agree they need to fix this in all 50 states. The same thing could have happened in MD.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Am I wrong in insisting that the feds, scotus, whomever, needs to simply affirm that the 2A is beyond the scope of states rights, & it needs to be ruled the law of the land. Nothing less will do. No compromises. Also, penalties for use of a firearm to commit crimes should be increased to address the idiotic utes of the cities. Very simple.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    They were in VA for crying out loud. VA gun laws are every bit as good as GA. I do get that they all had to retyurn to DC after the practice.

I do agree they need to fix this in all 50 states. The same thing could have happened in MD.

Yeah, but when you go back to your DC office directly, where to put the gun? DC is pretty strict.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Yeah, but when you go back to your DC office directly, where to put the gun? DC is pretty strict.

i noted that in my post.
    I do get that they all had to return to DC after the practice.
    I do think they need to fix this in all 50 states. The same thing could have happened in MD. but I also said they need to fix the law nationally, not just in DC.

they would have faced the same issue if their offices were in MD.

mxskater25

Jul 31, 2016
    How many folks have contacted their senators and representatives, urging them to support this bill? I'm curious to know what responses you've received. I have contacted mine (Pennsylvania), and received a response from Senator Toomey that he supports the bill--no surprise there. I haven't heard from the others.

That's the problem, I have contacted my representatives, and Mark Rubio and David Wilson both gave me general responses, At least Rubio sponsors it, but Wilson hasn't so I will be voting to primary him out of office.

mxskater25

Jul 31, 2016
    Yeah, I don't get that either. I carry in VA all the time with my Utah.

I just realized Virginia overturned the earlier law which prevented Virginia from reciprocity of any other state. I guess i can start CCW when i visit Virginia. I was under the impression CCW was for Virginians only.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I just realized Virginia overturned the earlier law which prevented Virginia from reciprocity of any other state. I guess i can start CCW when i visit Virginia. I was under the impression CCW was for Virginians only.

You don't have to go to Virginia to get a non-resident Virginia CCW. I got mine through the mail. You need fingerprints, photos, a form that is perfectly filled out, demonstration of competency (proof of training or a DD-214 if you're former military), and $100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silentdynasty

Apr 7, 2017
    MoCo
    Never knew that VA recognizes all other states permit, that link comes very handy! Iw ill start using that link quite often since I had the link then it got misplaced.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    VA started recognition ogf all states permits in July 2016 because McAwful made a deal to get some of his own bills passed by the VA lGA

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom