• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ron87

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 1, 2020
    I'm a new gun owner (not a liberal lol) and I recently bought M10x like a AK variant/hybrid that takes 7.62x39 I know I can't buy more than 10rd magazines, but is there a way around it? I don't drive so I can't go over state lines and purchase them. Can I use a mail forwarding service then have them sent to me? Or buy them disassembled and assemble them when I get them? Thanks for any help!

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    Sorry man, you can buy them out of state, or assemble them out of state. Not legal to do any of what you wrote.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I'm a new gun owner (not a liberal lol) and I recently bought M10x like a AK variant/hybrid that takes 7.62x39 I know I can't buy more than 10rd magazines, but is there a way around it? I don't drive so I can't go over state lines and purchase them. Can I use a mail forwarding service then have them sent to me? Or buy them disassembled and assemble them when I get them? Thanks for any help!

Can't you have someone that you know drive you?

Eye hart 762

Apr 8, 2019
    I suggest you load up the next time you go visit family/friends in a free state. most of those mags can be picked up in Va De Pa. whenever I reach one of those states my credit card gets the best of me.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Guber. It's an uber like service that will drive you to an out of state gun store to purchase standard capacity magazines.

ron87

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 1, 2020
    Sorry man, you can buy them out of state, or assemble them out of state. Not legal to do any of what you wrote.
    So I can buy them disassembled out of state, but can't assemble it in MD? WTF!?!? That makes no sense! lol

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    So I can buy them disassembled out of state, but can't assemble it in MD? WTF!?!? That makes no sense! lol

New to Maryland, huh? If you’re looking for sense, you’re in the wrong state.
    You can buy them assembled and bring them back to Maryland. It’s legal to have them and use them, but once you have them you can’t transfer them to anyone else in the state. I could go on and on, but you get the idea.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Guber. It's an uber like service that will drive you to an out of state gun store to purchase standard capacity magazines.

Attachments

• download (2).jpg
      download (2).jpg
      5.1 KB · Views: 289

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Hitch a ride on the dog and buy them in Christiana or find someone else who needs to get something at a gun show to give you a ride - or be ready for a ride in a nice 2 tone car

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Number one rule of gun law in MD

There is no intersection of logic and gun law in MD. Once you understand that part, the rest is easy.

ron87

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 1, 2020
    New to Maryland, huh? If you’re looking for sense, you’re in the wrong state.
    You can buy them assembled and bring them back to Maryland. It’s legal to have them and use them, but once you have them you can’t transfer them to anyone else in the state. I could go on and on, but you get the idea.
    I'll just go the disassembled route. Been living in MD my whole life, just new to owning a gun. Thanks though

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I'll just go the disassembled route. Been living in MD my whole life, just new to owning a gun. Thanks though

I'm not sure you understand. You cannot reassemble them in Maryland. You are going to have to physically go to another state, purchase either assembled or disassembled (which you must assemble before you return) and then transport them in. So really, it makes no sense to buy disaeembled mags, since you will need to travel outside of the state anyway.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom