• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DirtyHarry45

Jun 8, 2013
    I’ve been looking for a rifle with an underfolder stock and really like the look of the Zastava M70. It gets great reviews and I’m sure it’s one sturdy Yugo made piece. However, the MSP website lists this particular model as banned due to “meets the definition of a copycat weapon”. So that’s definitely a no-go. But there is this almost identical looking rifle made by Century Arms, model M70AB2, and it is not listed on the MSP website as being banned.

Now I could be wasting my time because it seems that the Century Arms model is completely sold out everywhere, but if I got lucky and happened to come across one would it be legal to purchase/ship to MD? My thought is yes, I should be able to buy it because that particular model isn’t banned. But I worry that I am missing something.

Thoughts?

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    The copycat law is pretty much so that they don't have to list everything they want to ban. Looks like its a semi auto centerfire with a detachable mag, folding stock and a flash suppressor so I think that is still a banned ak-47 copy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom