• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    From our friends at Volokh:

Tom Wolf, the Governor of Pennsylvania maintains that licensed firearm dealers are not "life-sustaining" businesses. Therefore, they must shutter during the COVID-19 emergency. But, thankfully, the Peeps factory in Bethlehem, PA can remain open. Yes, the popular marshmallow candy is "life-sustaining."

https://reason.com/2020/03/23/pa-go...ction-can-continue-during-covid-19-emergency/

saving lives, just not the lives of diabetics. Or something.

This sort of evidence would help the Supreme Court summarily conclude that the Governor's policy is completely irrational. Caetano v. Massachusetts provides a guide. That case declared unconstitutional Massachusett's ban on stun guns. But the two-page per curiam decision did not wade into Heller's unresolved issues.

Here, the Supreme Court could simply say that Pennsylvania's distinction of what is, and is not "life-sustaining" cannot survive even rational-basis review. Indeed, other states have designated firearm dealers as "essential." Stay tuned.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I guess since his fellow dem governor in New Jersey shut all their gun stores he had to change his position to walk in lock step with him.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    This is no surprise. At least he was open about it. No sober person thinks Sykes in DC shutting down was a coincidence. Probably every blue state with any ability to slow walk is pulling all the stops to do so.
    Several Mayors in California have been shutting down gun shops and not mentioning the issue of contagion vector, but specifically using same emergency language about contributions unruliness also used to shut liquor stores in civil emergencies.
    In short: the idea that removing access to firearms for totally qualified individuals is being promoted

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    Does anyone know how to see if the Peeps factory donated to the PA Governor's campaign?

I'd be willing to bet real money that they did and this is a pay back.

If it is it needs to be exposed. You KNOW these clowns are selling influence through this

Every politician in America needs to be replaced at the next available election. Every last one of them is corrupt to the core.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Does anyone know how to see if the Peeps factory donated to the PA Governor's campaign?

I'd be willing to bet real money that they did and this is a pay back.

If it is it needs to be exposed. You KNOW these clowns are selling influence through this

Every politician in America needs to be replaced at the next available election. Every last one of them is corrupt to the core.

I don’t know the average age of mayors, governors and state level legislators, but based on average age of congress with COVID-19 odds are excellent a large portion will not make it to their next term. I wonder if that’s what’s gotten them scrambling so. Not the good of the people, but the thought of a (viral) hanging in the morning concentrating the mind as it were. Personally self interest in trying to give themselves the best chance of survival (which also likely gives most everyone else a the best if survival)

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    According to the linked article, they are going to close on Wednesday. Not sure if they were shamed into it or just had completed Easter production already and had no problem doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom