• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Well, i don't use soft points. Hornady Critical Duty / Critical Defense (yes even in 223) or Federal HST is the way to go.

"how many mags" is a personal question.... are you expecting a home invasion by 6 yutes? Well, you get a mag, you get a mag, you get a mag, everybody gets a mag! So 6 mags. But I find my belt fed AS-007 to be the right tool in this case.

I guess you better stock up on cleaning supplies too. Cleaning up after is a biatch.

Stop talking about the you- know-what. These threads are monitored.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Damn I went for two of the SureFire 60 rounders. I wasn't bold enough to go for the 100 banana. Good for you :thumbsup:

I like my standard capacity mags and drums, I have a few of the 60s as well. Magpul 30/40/60 as well as some other high quality 50 round drums. It’s an expensive trip when I load them all up ;)

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I bet you give yourself a discount :lol2:

Most of my personal ammo is from people getting out of calibers and trading in or moving and not wanting to take it with them. If I open a case it’s “dead” so I’d rather leave them closed.

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    I keep lots of home brewed 75gr hornady on hand. I think its the only 223 ammo I have anymore use it for everything. Not sure how many mags i keep loaded but >10.

All ammo is defensive ammo. You don't need any "critical defense ammo" or the like. It might make them die a few minutes faster if you don't hit any vitals but you want them dead right away. Shot placement is key and over penetration is not an issue in most cases.

10 round mags are for pocket pistols. Go out of state to buy standard cap mags.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008

Attachments

• 20200302_215726.jpg
      20200302_215726.jpg
      140.4 KB · Views: 239

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    I guess I need a trip to Green top...............;)

Big dogs is very close to the VA side of the 301 bridge. Good people there and a tad closer than greentop. I love greentop and would stop there every time business took me to Richmond or I went to visit my aunt.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    For that I use Hornady Critical Duty / Critical Defense. I want to improve the odds of maximum expansion, and to do my best in keeping bullets from going too far. In 10 round Maryland approved mag(s), to try and keep the level of hassle as best as I can control it. But if you think that is all I have at my disposal, you would be terribly or fatally mistaken.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    For that I use Hornady Critical Duty / Critical Defense. I want to improve the odds of maximum expansion, and to do my best in keeping bullets from going too far. In 10 round Maryland approved mag(s), to try and keep the level of hassle as best as I can control it. But if you think that is all I have at my disposal, you would be terribly or fatally mistaken.

What hassle? Standard capacity mags are completely legal in MD. If I’m taking a life it’s because it was either theirs or mine. I’m not losing any sleep about being “justified” in addition my USCCA insurance covers home defense as well. I HIGHLY recommend everyone looks into it just for that reason alone.

Scott P

Funny...like a clown
    Jan 29, 2013
    St. Mary's
    Big dogs is very close to the VA side of the 301 bridge. Good people there and a tad closer than greentop. I love greentop and would stop there every time business took me to Richmond or I went to visit my aunt.

Thanks for the heads up..............:thumbsup:

WildWeasel

Mar 31, 2019
    MI>FL>MD
    How much can you afford...?

I run my defensive shells thru the gun every 6 months or so, then load fresh. And HST is pretty cheap in bulk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom