• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • No enforcement value, but it does give some guidance to the courts. The states that have closed stores and ranges down have had an important plank of their platform removed. It'll be interesting to see what Gov. Hogan does with this new information.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    No enforcement value, but it does give some guidance to the courts. The states that have closed stores and ranges down have had an important plank of their platform removed. It'll be interesting to see what Gov. Hogan does with this new information.

Hogan won’t do a damn thing, he’s worthless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    If the NRA was worth its salt, it would publicly say it will support in COURT any gun shop that stays open even if the State or local government says it has to close.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Both the Izaak Walton League in Clear Spring and North American Rod and Gun in Hagerstown have been open the whole time. I've gone twice in the last week.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    AGC leadership

3ul4ah.jpg
    [/url]via Imgflip Meme Generator[/IMG]

doc.morrison

Dec 2, 2011
    Frederick County, MD
    "Mebbe Joe Biden will tell us all to buy a shotgun again, to keep the British from quartering troops in our homes, like happened when he was a child, already protecting his community from Corn Pops gang - who were a bunch of Republicans standing in front of schoolhouses to keep the Irish out of the pool halls."

Ha! What a portrayal of the story teller, 6-pack Joe!! Thanks!!!

Samlab

Feb 14, 2018
    Down by the riverside
    Don't laugh but I used to pick up his Uncles newspaper out front and put it on his stoop...his Nephew is ready to betray democracy ...boy some of the changes he's like a money hound Chameleon now. Will the real Joe Biden stand up or stand down? The vote will dictate that, but this impending landslide tilting the way of Pres. Trump...will indeed have this conservative Dem laughing at the end result. Finally round two of a real President.

Were registered Dems, were conservatives and we vote! Remember that Hillary!

Mr Bear

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    Per Hogan's order, indoor gun ranges are considered entertainment & as such pay an entertainment tax. They are closed to the public like restaurants & movie theaters. Freestate's range & Continental's are closed, but their retail areas are open. Guntry Club is completely closed.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    ****Our local IWLA-WAC chapter is closed as well.
    Frederick's is currently remaining open, but there is a discussion of how to improve safety. The clubhouse will be closed (and otherwise only accessible with permission). And the number of people using the range, which is typically lightly used, will be regulated to ensure social distancing.

There are other safe practices being discussed. The range is also on video surveillance.

In part, we want to ensure that folks who might have recently replaced their home defense firearm or are training a family member in its use have access to use the facility for this training.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Frederick's is currently remaining open, but there is a discussion of how to improve safety. The clubhouse will be closed (and otherwise only accessible with permission). And the number of people using the range, which is typically lightly used, will be regulated to ensure social distancing.

There are other safe practices being discussed. The range is also on video surveillance.

In part, we want to ensure that folks who might have recently replaced their home defense firearm or are training a family member in its use have access to use the facility for this training.

I pray IWLA stay's open. :thumbsup: I do use the range.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Frederick's is currently remaining open,

Both outdoor ranges at Loudoun IWLA have been closed for weeks. Kinda crazy since every other lane is six feet distance and they simply could have said "odd number lanes only," people would be making their own risk decisions, and no one would be forced to be there since no employees are assigned as range officers.
    I think they made the decision based on money. The dues were not reduced or prorated, but classes renting space are extra money, and since they were not making extra money they saw no downside in closing.

I don't want to give the people on the committee that made that decision a hard time, the rules committee people are volunteers and this is a unique event, but at least three paid activities I engage in, for example the gym I belong to, are prorating, to no or nominal cost, the prepaid dues during period of suspension of operations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom