• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Looking for the cheap flats of 12 ga target ammo, 7.5 or 8 shot.

My son and I signed up for the Mt Airy IWLA summer trap league so I need to stock up on target loads.

I stopped by Walmart and picked up a 100 pack for $21, but I figured there are better deals out there

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    100/$21 isnt bad. thats $52.50 per flat. (100 shells vs the 250 that are in a full flat) add tax to that.

keep an eye on the internet sites that bundle deals. like gun.deals. they will list various things that may beat the price by a little. you gotta move fast on those, as they usually sell out quickly.

you can also look for places that sell store gift cards as a discount/$100 to help. then find sales with them.

occasionally some of the places that gun folks don't like, will have a sale. (dicks is one that occasionally has good prices. it's your beliefs vs your wallet)

some of the internet places won't charge you tax.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    LOL....i'm an idiot. I put 4, 100 packs in my shopping cart when i meant to buy 2 packs.

No wonder i thought the total was high :whack:

Nevermind but thanks for the info anyways.

BDWMS

Feb 21, 2013
    Howard County
    For anyone interested, Academy usually has flats of something for $0.20/round with free shipping. I've purchased quite a bit from them.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Rogers sporting goods has sales and free shipping pretty often. Or buy Cabela's gift cards on eBay for 20% off and get flats of gun clubs for $45 shipped like I do.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Looking for the cheap flats of 12 ga target ammo, 7.5 or 8 shot.

My son and I signed up for the Mt Airy IWLA summer trap league so I need to stock up on target loads.

I stopped by Walmart and picked up a 100 pack for $21, but I figured there are better deals out there

Hey, I'm in the league too. I've got a bright blue Silverado with Chrome rims. If you see me, stop by and say hello. We usually shoot early then hang out by our trucks afterwards (Red Dodge, Dark blue Silverado, black dodge, white Ford)

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    I buy from Cabelas when they have a sale. No tax, free shipping. My back thanks me as I usually get 10 or so flats at a time.
    Their Herter's shells are good ammo for target work.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I picked up 4 cases of Remington gun clubs at Dicks today.
    $4.98/box on sale plus a 20% off coupon put them at $3.98/box.

I realize some people won’t shop at Dicks.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I buy from Cabelas when they have a sale. No tax, free shipping. My back thanks me as I usually get 10 or so flats at a time.
    Their Herter's shells are good ammo for target work.

Have you bought online from them since bass pro bought them?
    I think we pay tax now.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Hey, I'm in the league too. I've got a bright blue Silverado with Chrome rims. If you see me, stop by and say hello. We usually shoot early then hang out by our trucks afterwards (Red Dodge, Dark blue Silverado, black dodge, white Ford)

Sounds good. Seems like there are a few MDS guys in that league :thumbsup:

My picture has been posted on MDS countless times, so stop me if you see me.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Sounds good. Seems like there are a few MDS guys in that league :thumbsup:

My picture has been posted on MDS countless times, so stop me if you see me.

I don't have a photographic memory, so I might not recognize you from your photos :innocent0

I'll just shout out "Engineer Brian!" right as someone else yells "pull" so I can get maximum attention :D

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    Dicks has Field and Stream $50/ flat and less with a coupon-Black hulls by Federal-----I also buy from Academy Sports online-- Monarch 1 oz $50/ flat free shipping no tax and snazzy bright orange hulls not sure who makes them but they work just fine I have used probably 1000 of them cant beat it they bring them to your front door in a couple of days

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom