• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    so thinking about jumping in on the NFA game. i am a lefty (with long guns) and have a 10/22. how, if at all, would running a suppressor affect the blowback/blowout at the chamber? i run righty AR-15's and the like with no issues, just seems as dirty as .22 is there is stuff blowing out of the chamber and i wouldn't want it any worse if a suppressor generally causes that.

related, does running suppressed on a 10/22 help the cycling/reliability, hurt it, or doesn't matter?

anything else to consider in my decision? thanks!

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    You should be fine. If anything, they should either bounce off your forehead or over your head. Just don't wear a baseball cap when shooting, but you probably already know that. :innocent0

ziptiespec

My 10/22 gets dirtier, faster when I run it with my Sparrow. That's the only sort of negative. Otherwise, no issues at all. Functions fine with anything over 1000-ish FPS. I love the CCI SV. I mistakenly put some CCI quiet (700ish FPS) in the 10/22 and that's the only time I've had problems. Those shots were super quiet though.

Edit:. I was multitasking when I replied earlier and completely missed the point of your post. I'm a righty but I can try the 10/22 as a lefty and see if the gas and powder are bad.

Last edited:
    The action on my 10/22 gets pretty dirty when shooting suppressed, but I don't end up with much crap on my hand. I'm referring to my right hand gripping the stock and trigger, as I'm right handed. But my hand being in close proximity to the action I would expect some junk to end up on my hand. Shooting a 22LR pistol suppressed is a different story, as my hands and face both end up with some powder residue.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I shoot southpaw on long guns. When I was able to shoot my 10/22 with a fellow MDS'ers suppressor, I had no issues with excess gas getting in my face.

Granted, that was with Federal Auto Match - dedicated subs may be a little dirtier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom