• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blksniper2000

certified lurker
    Jan 31, 2009
    Baltimore/PA area
    Hey guys I'm about to buy a factory m9 barrel from a guy that had it threaded and was using it on a centurion as a extended threaded barrel.

Anybody know if this non extended threaded barrel will work in my 92fs I'm pretty sure the threads will clear without interference but wasn't sure about guide rod?

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Hey guys I'm about to buy a factory m9 barrel from a guy that had it threaded and was using it on a centurion as a extended threaded barrel.

Anybody know if this non extended threaded barrel will work in my 92fs I'm pretty sure the threads will clear without interference but wasn't sure about guide rod?

Factory M9 barrels will work in a 92FS I am pretty sure. I bought my threaded barrel through Tornado Technologies for my 92fs. They do very good work.

Just FYI, the threads are not that deep so the o-ring on most 9mm cans will not be engaged. Thus, it can be a little louder than when installed on other hosts. usually this is not noticeable. I tried the same can on three different hosts at least, and found the 92fs to be the loudest of the lot.

Dave

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    I bought my threaded barrel through Tornado Technologies for my 92fs. They do very good work.
    Just FYI, the threads are not that deep so the o-ring on most 9mm cans will not be engaged. Thus, it can be a little louder than when installed on other hosts. usually this is not noticeable. I tried the same can on three different hosts at least, and found the 92fs to be the loudest of the lot.

I've got the same barrel and it works perfectly with a TiRant on the 92F I've got. Hollywood quiet with 147 Gr Fiocchi XTPHP:

Attachments

• 92F & Ti-Rant 006+2__-2_tonemapped.jpg
      92F & Ti-Rant 006+2__-2_tonemapped.jpg
      110.4 KB · Views: 509

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Thanks for responding, to your knowledge do you know if tornado also extended your barrel or just threaded it?

The barrel is just threaded. Not extended. It works but, I prefer the suppressor seats far enough on the barrel to engage the internal O-ring.
    My M&P 9 does that and it is much quieter.

Have never seen an extended threaded barrel for the 92FS.

Dave

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    I've got the same barrel and it works perfectly with a TiRant on the 92F I've got. Hollywood quiet with 147 Gr Fiocchi XTPHP:

I have a GemTech Multimount. It is pretty quiet with 147gr as well. Just wish the barrel was longer to seat better. Like the new Beretta M9A3 does.

Dave

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Have never seen an extended threaded barrel for the 92FS.
    BarSto makes (extended) threaded bbls for the 92. I got them to custom thread one to M13.5x1LH for a nominal fee. IMO european guns just need metric vs that silly 1/2-28. Plus LH thread is superior anyway;) (and matches my other 9mm hosts:))

blksniper2000

certified lurker
    Jan 31, 2009
    Baltimore/PA area
    BarSto makes (extended) threaded bbls for the 92. I got them to custom thread one to M13.5x1LH for a nominal fee. IMO european guns just need metric vs that silly 1/2-28. Plus LH thread is superior anyway;) (and matches my other 9mm hosts:))

I ended up getting the barrel and it works with no issues, i would have preferred metric to match everything else i have but the barsto would be almost 3 times the cost of barrel i got.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom