• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Hopefully they can get them caught and relocated - that's a bit too close to the kiddies.

OMG - I had no idea what the bear/kayak thing was about until I looked up the video. This woman needs to shut the hell up!

[YT]nU5cMZymSr0[/YT]

OMG BEAR Please eat that bitch i cant take her voice any more.

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    One wandered through western howard the past couple weeks. Abc2 has a video on their youtube of one in Randallstown. Not sure if I'm looking forward to expanded or statewide bear seasons or no, but I give it another 10-15 years at most.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    This bear was getting annoying...well, not the bear....but the human response. A bunch of schools keep going on lock down any time it's sighted nearby. We were on alert and tracking bear sightings all day. If it crossed over 108 we also would've been kept from going outside....because the thing black bears love most is walking through a field full of kids... lolz

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    I love living where I do. Bears all over. Waiting to see the Grafton monster.:)

Visited relatives in Grafton when I was a kid - never did I hear about the "Grafton Monster". What's the story behind that?

So when is the MGA going to pass a law requiring bears to register themselves when they move into the state?

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    Visited relatives in Grafton when I was a kid - never did I hear about the "Grafton Monster". What's the story behind that?

So when is the MGA going to pass a law requiring bears to register themselves when they move into the state?

Here.
    http://www.destinationamerica.com/t...ntain-monsters-video/grafton-monster-on-tape/

I love these guys. My kinda people. I do a great imitation of " Did you see that"
    Actually I never saw anything but maybe it will keep the liberals away from WV.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    I just have a hard time figuring out how bears get to some of these places where they are sited. When they were building Arundel Mills mall they sited and trapped a black bear on that property. How did it get there. Where did it come from? I have seen bears in western, MD in Allegany and Garrett counties and understand that is there habitat, but how did a bear get to that parcel of land that is now Arundel Mills mall or to that patch of woods behind Mayfield Woods Middle School in Elkridge? Did he come down 70 to 29 to 100??? WTH

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    It has been said that a bear sighting(s) have been in Patapsico State Park .....................That would freak me out for sure on my hikes .

Hyper-W

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2010
    Cooksville
    I just have a hard time figuring out how bears get to some of these places where they are sited. When they were building Arundel Mills mall they sited and trapped a black bear on that property. How did it get there. Where did it come from? I have seen bears in western, MD in Allegany and Garrett counties and understand that is there habitat, but how did a bear get to that parcel of land that is now Arundel Mills mall or to that patch of woods behind Mayfield Woods Middle School in Elkridge? Did he come down 70 to 29 to 100??? WTH

It has been said that a bear sighting(s) have been in Patapsico State Park .....................That would freak me out for sure on my hikes .

These two are related. They follow natural features away from people. Like a river. One was seen in Cooksville, West Friendship, and now Elkridge. Common theme? The Patapsco.

If I were a bear, I'd pick a spot like Patapsco Hollofield area. Dense enough woods that I can hide yet close enough to eat all the delicious food that residents throw away. Plus, if I were a bear living in Maryland I would finally have the right to bear arms.

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo

These are usually the yearlings being pushed out of their parents territory. They follow a water source looking for territory of their own.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    These two are related. They follow natural features away from people. Like a river. One was seen in Cooksville, West Friendship, and now Elkridge. Common theme? The Patapsco.

If I were a bear, I'd pick a spot like Patapsco Hollofield area. Dense enough woods that I can hide yet close enough to eat all the delicious food that residents throw away. Plus, if I were a bear living in Maryland I would finally have the right to bear arms.

That part of Elkridge is quite a distance from the Patapsco, like cross 108 and you're in Columbia.

Now the eastern part of Elkridge is right on the river and it would not surprise me to roll into Daniels one night and see one at the bar.....

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    There was a sow and two cubs outside of the building I'm working at this afternoon, at the corner of Cherry Hill Rd. and Plum Orchard Rd. I saw video of one of the cubs climbing down out of a tree at the edge of the parking g lot.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    There is a big enough stretch of woods with Patapsco and the surrounding lots to support a bear. Thanks, I'll give those I know in the area a heads up.

We went to Yosemite last summer and stayed in the park. Every TV monitor in every building was showing video of bears destroying cars because food was left inside. Scary stuff....

I'm guessing the Yos. lodge, Housekeeping camp or Curry Village. Those black bears open a car door like a tin can.
    In the 1990s there was a female bear that would teach her young to grab backpacks. The backpacker would run off and the bear would get its snack.

Yup; rubber slugs work great for scaring off bears.

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side

They come down the patapsco valley every spring. They do the same thing down the gunpowder / NCR trail.

I've seen them hiking in WV. It is intimidating when they stand up but they always wander on as long as you done do anything stupid.

I'd prefer they head strait on to Leakin Park. Living next to patapsco the last thing I need is bear dumpster diving my trash.

There is a big enough stretch of woods with Patapsco and the surrounding lots to support a bear. Thanks, I'll give those I know in the area a heads up.

I'm guessing the Yos. lodge, Housekeeping camp or Curry Village. Those black bears open a car door like a tin can.
    In the 1990s there was a female bear that would teach her young to grab backpacks. The backpacker would run off and the bear would get its snack.

Yup; rubber slugs work great for scaring off bears.

That's a great idea. Is it legal to use them on deer that need to be taught a little respect. Right now I just use bottle rockets but they are hard to aim.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    One of our friends in the Lake Linganore area is sure she had a bear in the back yard. She said one of her feeders was knocked over, broken at the base, and the part holding the seeds had huge bite marks on it. She said there were also big raking claw marks on a nearby tree. The combination of the two makes it sound like a bear.

aklax11

Jan 8, 2015
    UMd College Park sent out a notice this past week to its study body stating there were 2 bear sightings (probably same bear) on campus

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    A bear was sited today in Highland in a residential neighborhood near schooley mill park.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom