• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Advice for first time Maryland purchasers :

Do NOT look on the Internet .
    Do NOT read the adds in Shotgun News .
    Doing so is tragically misleading , and will only anger and frustrate you .

Instead , check with multiple IP's .

JMB

Jan 30, 2019
    FFL and “High Capacity Mags”

I bought my Glock in Maryland and the dealer pulled the three standard capacity 17 rounds Mags and replaced them with neutered 10 founders. Was not charged anything extra nor was anything discounted. I then obtained standard capacity magazines in VA.

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    In my experience I have found if you call the seller and offer to give them a little extra for postage, they will send the mags one place (relative out of state), and the gun to your FFL.

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    I would never put my FFL in that position. I would call and see what we could do before hand. Usually, the FFL will either trade me a mag, or I just do the transfer without the mags. Remember, its their store, their life and lively hood.

Interesting.

I was at TK Defense yesterday afternoon when you came in to pick up your pistol. I witnessed you ask Kat three times to break the law for you. First, you asked her to ship the magazines to Virginia. She refused, citing the bulletin issued by MSP. Next, you asked her to disassemble the magazines and keep the base plates, leaving you with the balance of the parts, which could be easily re-assembled into a high cap magazine. She again refused, as that would have been a clear violation of the law. Finally, you asked her to modify the magazines to reduce their capacity. She stated that in a conversation with the head of licensing at MSP, she was told that if you are going to modify magazines “you had better have a good attorney”. That's reason enough to not even attempt such a modification - and precisely why she refused to do so. I could sense attitude emanating from you as you left the shop. Now you post here making her out to be unreasonable because she refused to commit a felony for you. You didn’t do your homework. You didn’t follow the rules. You screwed up by not understanding the law and now you want to blame her. You need to take responsibility for this as she was 100% correct in her actions.

Not quite JoeBob's level of dammmmnnnn, but close.

In my experience I have found if you call the seller and offer to give them a little extra for postage, they will send the mags one place (relative out of state), and the gun to your FFL.

Agreed. When dealing with an out of state mom and pop FFL, explaining the possession vs. transfer thing and an extra $20 will usually get your mags shipped to PA, VA, WV or DE.

Feb 28, 2013
    Bought a Chinese AK from a dealer out in Oregon off Armlist. They sent the gun here, and the mags to my brother’s house in PA

Eric114

Nov 8, 2017
    Halethorpe MD
    Crappy mags

Pisses me off that not only will dealers not give me the factory magazines that shipped with my gun, they won't decrease the price and usually only offer one cheap crappy mag when the gun comes with 2. And we know your selling them out of state.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Pisses me off that not only will dealers not give me the factory magazines that shipped with my gun, they won't decrease the price and usually only offer one cheap crappy mag when the gun comes with 2. And we know your selling them out of state.

You're not doing business with the right dealer(s).

shadow116

2nd Class Citizen
    Feb 28, 2008
    Emmitsburg

If you could only buy from one dealer, I would have some sympathy. If you are not asking the right questions and getting the answers you want before you lay down the cash, then you should be pissed at yourself too.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    1. Buy from dealer out of state ?, pay extra shipping to have the mags sent to a state you can go pick them up in like VA, or Pa or Family you will soon visit

2. If buying a long gun and they refuse to ship mags/ Links separate ( Aim surplus) Send the rifle to VA, PA and do the long gun transfer there. Usually the transfer in VA is 15-20 bucks VS 30-40 here anyway

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

1) Because that would be illegal.

2) Not all of them are. I know that Lou45 had a HUGE pile of 30 round P-mags from all the AR he sold during the 13 run.

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    Wow. So you think a dealer should commit a felony just to keep you happy??? And where the hell do you get the idea that your transfer or purchase price should be discounted because YOU ordered something that you couldn’t receive in Maryland??? And you should consider yourself lucky that your dealer of choice will give you one “cheap, crappy magazine”, because most dealers certainly won’t give you anything in exchange. Order a pistol with three 15-round mags, and you will be buying magazines elsewhere because THAT IS THE LAW. Maybe you should grow up and take responsibility for yourself and educate yourself on Maryland gun laws, instead of blaming others for your mistakes. On the other hand, maybe if you whine louder and louder, you’ll get what you want....but I doubt it.

PS Yes, your magazines ARE being sold out of state.

Last edited:

bluedog46

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2011
    Do they really think that these ridiculous process on getting a carry permit, so called assault weapons band and mag capacity limits are stopping the thugs in baltimore from killing each other?

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    what would the mags cost separately? maybe worth it for you to let them just keep the mags vs cost of shipping the gun and another transfer etc.

unfortunately, that's the kind of stuff you need to get worked out with your proposed ffl before you have the gun shipped to them.

maybe if you gave them a prepaid usps flat rate box, they'd mail the mags to a buddy in va or pa?

And the correct answer is .....(see above in RED)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom