• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    50610597342__BCEA1CB8-39BD-45EF-B73F-726F1F3AFDE3.JPG First dead head of the year. The boys will be wound up bow-hunting tonight!

Tacswa3

Oct 7, 2013
    Damn, ain't that a shame. Wonder if someone lost the kill/wounded or it died from another reason. Either way, its a shame.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    There's good ones around all over the place but they're hard to get. Alot of them on public land but once the stampede starts after early bow hunting they dive in deep everywhere. Its a shame to find them like this though, Id rather see someone have a chance at them. All they have to do is make it 2 1/2 or three years if its an early thrown buck to get a decent 8 point. Cars take a pretty high toll too in the early summer when they start to spread out around my way.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Regarding taking deadheads home, I'm pretty sure you need something from DNR if you want to bring it to a taxidermist. I won't touch one unless a hunter/shed hunter contacts DNR first. I never seem to hear back from these callers. Don't know if they called DNR and were told NO, or if it's DNR playing sting operation games. Shed antlers, you don't need anything.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I saw a nice 10 point rack on the way to the range this morning just down from New Germany State Park that someone missed. Only problem I would have had with retrieving them was that they were still attached and Mr. Buck was still mobile. Nicest buck I've seen in this county in many years.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I saw a nice 10 point rack on the way to the range this morning just down from New Germany State Park that someone missed. Only problem I would have had with retrieving them was that they were still attached and Mr. Buck was still mobile. Nicest buck I've seen in this county in many years.

He made it this far...

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Too bad about that buck. What a nice deer.
    I would love a shed or even a partial shed if anyone finds one and doesn't need it. I don't care about the squirrels but I have a small project and need one or two antlers. PM me if you have any. I will pick it up if I can get to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom