• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jbelt11

Sep 14, 2017
    Harford county
    Hello
    I have been looking into reloading but I am interested in taking a class or if anyone is willing to pass on some knowledge and teach me the basics. If anyone has a class looking for one in the Harford county, Cecil county And upper baltimore county thanks in advance.

Swaim13

Jun 11, 2017
    Do you have any equipment yet? The 556 (assuming for an ar) and 9mm would be best on a progressive press (queue the calls for getting a dillon) and the 6.5 is generally best on a single stage for accuracy.

What are your goals with reloading? Are you trying to save money? Trying to make sure you always have ammunition? Going for accuracy? Just interested as a hobby?

I load on a single stage press for 223, 6mm creedmoor, 6.5 creedmoor, and 30-06. I sadly cant teach you atm but if in a few months no one has taught you, I can help out.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I am in Harford Co and willing to teach you reloading.

I have done a couple of people here on MDS.

Yes, I am listed in the linked thread.

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    I am an NRA instructor located in frederick willing to put a class together if we get enough interest.

NRA Metallic Reloading

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    I am an NRA instructor located in frederick willing to put a class together if we get enough interest.

NRA Metallic Reloading

Always up for some training ....

I’ve been loading on a D550 since 2013 and DA helped me get started, but always good to hear it again and from another perspective.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would like to reload a few different things 5.56 / 223
    9mm and 6.5 creedmoor

What are your goals? I got started with reloading because I shoot .30-40 Krag and .303 Savage (not easy to find live ammo and $$$). Others do it for precision/load control and others do it for money savings.
    I'm not telling you what to do, but I would start with 6.5 Creedmoor and an inexpensive Lee single stage, scale, calipers and powder trickler. Hand weigh every load. I am an advocate of learning to load on a single stage, as you can more easily focus on every step of the process.
    I'm a bit far to travel to you, but I'm sure Pinecone isn't the only member in your neck of the woods willing to help.

Jbelt11

Sep 14, 2017
    Harford county
    I do not yet. I wanted to get opinions on what I should get for starter kit I guess as well there are soo many options out there I’ve watched countless videos and it seems that everyone is different on what they recommend. And so I would like to reload for a few of those reasons save some money , better accuracy and just having the ability to do it with all the stuff going on and ammo prices and availability all over the place just want to be able to do it myself

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    I do not yet. I wanted to get opinions on what I should get for starter kit I guess as well there are soo many options out there I’ve watched countless videos and it seems that everyone is different on what they recommend. And so I would like to reload for a few of those reasons save some money , better accuracy and just having the ability to do it with all the stuff going on and ammo prices and availability all over the place just want to be able to do it myself

I haven’t bought a press since 2013 and bought a D550 as a way to have a progressive press which could be run as a single stage. Not sure who makes a manually indexed progressive press these days ...

Advantage to me was over time, as I got more comfortable with loading, I could easily switch from running it as a single stage to a progressive and increase my output.

I load 9,45,223 for my service rifle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom