• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Got a Steven's little scout when I was 4 from my dad. I still have it. Neat little rolling block gun.

Duck

Apr 11, 2012
    Baltimore
    My first was a Nobel 22 single shot as a Christmas gift in the around 1966,Still have it. First purchase (22) Ruger 1022.

blksniper2000

certified lurker
    Jan 31, 2009
    Baltimore/PA area
    J, Your first .22 was also suppressed??? Wow. There were about 32 or 33 years between my first .22 and my first .22 can. :)

Yeah my first visit to 2a sales. They had them together as a package. My first time seeing nfa stuff in person. I bought them both but had to wait about 4 months for suppressor to transfer.

In your case definitely better late then never and you certainly made up for lost time.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Single shot Winchester bolt gun; don't remember the model and it ended up disappearing when I came back home from the Army.

[EDIT] Not the first 22 I bought; this was given to me by another family member when I was 13 or so I think.

later on; The first 22 rimfire that I purchased was in 1981, a Ruger Mk I pistol. I still have it.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Stevens 52B Single Shot Bolt

Dad bought it for $8 in ‘36 or ‘37(when he was 16 or 17 yo) sold it to Grandad for $6 and I inherited over 40 years ago.

Still in my safe.

LRoberts

Retired Master General El
    Oct 22, 2017
    SM County
    Mine was as Savage Model 4C bolt action. Probably made in the 30's or 40's. I paid $13 for it from Baker's Gunsmithing in Bucks County PA back in 1976. Still have the receipt and of course the gun.

.22 Winchester pump with outside hammer. Don'r remember the model, it was in 1953 - 1957.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    nice

I grew up in Flower Valley and went to Rockville HS. Still manage to get to Twinbrook Deli every once in a while for a cold cut sub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wifey grew up on Essington in Manor. Our wedding reception was at Manor Country Club. The Thompson twins went to school with us at RHS. THeir dad owned Bish Thompsons and they lived in Flower Valley.

I worked at the Rustlers in twinbrook in HS. hahahaha Gentleman Jims pizza was awesome then. My math teacher co owned the twinbrook tap room. I think I mentioned this before.

We graduated in 84.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    your brother

My brother Summitcnty here on MDS worked there in high school. Both of us went to RHS too.

Window shopping in Bests gun section made my day. My dream gun at the time was the Browning Auto 5, it was brand new for $500 (IIRC)

that is cool. Did not know. He is on my friend's list. Yeah. Moved to Ardennes in 79 from Takoma Park. Went to St. Jude 8th grade and Good Counsel for 9th. Lived on RM side of Veirs Mill but took Electricity class to get to RHS. Nice. Small world. Funny, on of my old friends from Richard Montgomery was the black marine accused of murder in A Few Good Men. His name is Brian Bodison but changed to Wolfgang hahaha.

Quasar

plebe
    Dec 17, 2018
    Hill's Of Western Md.
    Springfield Model 15.
    Single shot. (Here your bullet)
    May have been 12, 13 years old.
    hand me down.

Remington Model 34 NRA TARGET
    This was my fathers gun from his youth.
    Carried it thru my teen years.

Users who are viewing this thread