• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    Their just down the street from me,I went in once last year when I moved here, Carl was very helpful explaining all I needed to do to buy in MD. He's gone now, they said he retired and moved away , I wanted him to sell me my first handgun since he spent so much time with me , Well I found Engage and United and haven't been in there since, Maybe I'll check out there sale to see if its that big a sale.

sht4fun

Mar 19, 2017
    Their just down the street from me,I went in once last year when I moved here, Carl was very helpful explaining all I needed to do to buy in MD. He's gone now, they said he retired and moved away , I wanted him to sell me my first handgun since he spent so much time with me , Well I found Engage and United and haven't been in there since, Maybe I'll check out there sale to see if its that big a sale.

I bought a CZ75SPO1 from Atlantic in Rockville last April when Engage and United did not have one in stock. That transaction went smoothly.

I've found though that their prices are higher than United's. So I've bought my last two handguns from United.

cww

Jan 28, 2010
    They had the same elitist, couldn't be bothered, my buddy is more important attitude I'm reading here 20+ years ago. Must be part I'd of the training, lol. And always been more expensive than most other store except the old location of Gilberts when it was on 355. Both were one purchase and done for me because of it.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Can't speak to the SS store, but in Rockville, unfriendly counter people and high prices?

I'll pass.

I know AG isn't popular here, but I've had the opposite experiences with them(except higher prices). :shrug:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Well if others have had the same issues, and over a long period of time, I'd say it AG's problem, not any members here.

I don't really care. And add in their seeming disinterest in becoming an MDS IP and supporting the community, I see no reason to spend my money there.

I'll go to Engage.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Well if others have had the same issues, and over a long period of time, I'd say it AG's problem, not any members here.

I don't really care. And add in their seeming disinterest in becoming an MDS IP and supporting the community, I see no reason to spend my money there.

I'll go to Engage.

It was never my intention to blame the good members of this forum. Not at all. Moreover, I think I was trying to defend my own opinion of AG. Maybe I get preferential treatment(but I don't believe I do) because I am recognized there after years of patronage. I do know they charge a crazy transfer fee for handguns(long guns too?). Maybe they just don't want to hassle with those. Who knows. I know one thing. If I'm having a hard time finding a particular gun, they've always been the ones to find it for me when no other local store(this is pre-United days) could or would.

Are they more expensive? I'd have to say yes, in most cases they are. Sometimes, if you really need something right now, it might be worth the extra coin. That's entirely up to the individual.

I can also walk in there any day of the week and find just about any AR part I need if I happen to hit a snag amidst a build or just replacing a broken part. They have saved me more than once in that regard. Try that anywhere else in MoCo.

I have also stood a good while waiting to be served in other such stores. I don't mind that much. It's the nature of the beast when it comes to small, busy shops.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    I've browsed and bought from them before and was treated all right. Haven't been there for a while because parking is challenging and I don't feel like attracting attention walking along busy streets carrying a new purchase.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    AG has been the place where I went to build up my Freedom Arms revolver collection. They also carry (or carried) Cooper and Ceasar Guerini. I haven't seen anything coming close to the quality of those firearms anywhere else except Bart's (now out of business) which carried Blaser rifles. AG is a good place. *

*I wish their parking was better.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I was doing a job literally right across the street from the Silver Spring store years ago so I would poke my head in from time to time. The staff enjoyed BS'ing with the guy on the stool at the counter instead of serving an actual customer.

One and done for me as well.

Cryptotek1

May 1, 2017

If you end up going would you mind posting here if you see a cheap 20 gauge shotgun? I might give them a call, but some shops don't do phone pricing.

Thanks!

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

I'll go to Engage.

What/Which community?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    They had the same elitist, couldn't be bothered, my buddy is more important attitude I'm reading here 20+ years ago. Must be part I'd of the training, lol. And always been more expensive than most other store except the old location of Gilberts when it was on 355. Both were one purchase and done for me because of it.

Gilbert's prices were always cheaper than Atlantic. Bought three out of my first four guns from him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Gilbert's prices were always cheaper than Atlantic. Bought three out of my first four guns from him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The wife went in there to buy an AR 15 for me as a surprise gift 28 years ago. They treated her like shit once they finally waited on her. They blew it big time. She never went back and I never went in. :tdown::tdown::tdown:

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    Went by and it was packed, Great prices on used guns and New also.

Will be prepared next year, and got on there email list because they have sales on glocks ,S&W ,Ruger, during the year.

I'm going to get a Glock 9 mm. or a HK, have to try them at the range to see what I like best.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom