• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    Maybe you all already knew this. I thought it was just some shady dealing by La Pierre. But it looks like the organization and the board have violated non-profit regs and committed possible fraud. The Gangster Capitalism podcast seems to lay it all out. Not sure how they can survive this mess.

https://shows.cadence13.com/podcast/gangster-capitalism

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Sucks they basically decided to have a leadership revolt and hostile takeover, so much for the "800# gorilla" of gun rights. Have maintained my membership, but that's about it, the SAF gets my donations now.

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    Last year I removed my NRA life member sticker from my car. I still get their publication because Life. Of late my money goes to MSI.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Love them or hate them they are the biggest bully in the room and we get to stand behind them. There’s no second place contender.
    Without the NRA we have no effective legislative voice.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    Love them or hate them they are the biggest bully in the room and we get to stand behind them. There’s no second place contender.

I'll stand behind them 100% when they stop f**king us every time things get tough and after they clean house. They need to start with Wayne LaPierre and the entire planted board.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    I feel they are like a ton of groups that started off for good reason then became big business.. NAACP, Unions, NRA, etc. Lost their original charter. They want to keep the crap going to get funds and continue the game, else they could have been more of the true 800 lb gorilla, instead of Ferdinand the Bull

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    I feel they are like a ton of groups that started off for good reason then became big business.. NAACP, Unions, NRA, etc. Lost their original charter. They want to keep the crap going to get funds and continue the game, else they could have been more of the true 800 lb gorilla, instead of Ferdinand the Bull

You don't need politicians or lobby groups getting fat off of our dollars. They are already fat enough. You need Americans to draw a line in the sand in regards to what we would allow a politician to do and a repercussion if that line was crossed. Then it's in their hands for the outcome.
    Really, what I just laid out there is no different than how countries communicate with one another. It seems to be effective.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA

of course they are the biggest bully in the room, problem is when people support them without question, and exclusively, they end up being the ONLY bully in the room. IMO the SAF has done enough to warrant our support, same with JPFO, state orgs and several others. If NRA fails due to their own mismanagement we are boned, so support them if you wish, but building up other 2A orgs as a "plan B" if nothing else is a really good idea right now. Would rather have a room full of bullies large and small, representing all of our 2A freedoms than put all our eggs in 1 big 800# basket.

MeatGrinder

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2013
    MoCo, Eastern edge
    Maybe you all already knew this. I thought it was just some shady dealing by La Pierre. But it looks like the organization and the board have violated non-profit regs and committed possible fraud. The Gangster Capitalism podcast seems to lay it all out. Not sure how they can survive this mess.

https://shows.cadence13.com/podcast/gangster-capitalism

Can you summarize? Fraud and law breaking are serious accusations.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008

An employee and his assistant of NRA whose sole jobs are to manipulate the voting process to keep Lapierre in office. Spends tons of money on it and tries to keep ot a secret.

Thats beyond the millions they spend on suits and hundreds of millions on Wayne's home.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia

The short version

Wayne LaPierre has been accused of bribery, paying for votes and paying a fixer to rig elections to keep himself and his loyalist in power. He is also being accused of forcing out anyone who questioned where the money was going.

If true his actions could have violated several 501(c)(3) laws and regulations.

Horseman308

Jan 27, 2016
    My opinions on the NRA tend to be in the minority around most shooters, but - if true - this wouldn't surprise me in the least. It's one of many reasons they haven't seen a dime from me in 20 years and probably won't for a long time. I doubt this is a popular point of view, but I have feared for a while that the NRA's no-compromise stance will eventually backfire and blow back on all of us. Eventually, some day, there is a very good chance there will be enough members of congress and the White House that are looking for fairly extreme regulations that there won't be a good way to keep them at bay. If, or when, that happens, they'll remember the group(s) that refused to budge, and there won't be a seat at the table for them.

I think, to a certain extent, you can lay that at the feet of LaPierre and those who - having found how nice it is to be in that position of influence - seem to be willing to go to great lengths to keep it, even if it ends up selling their "constituency" (for lack of a better word), down the river some day.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    There’s plenty to complain about without resorting to fiction.

What did I say is fiction? They spent something like 300k on his suits and if they didn't then they tried to buy a $6.5 million mansion in Texas for him.

Sorry corrected the mansion & suit prices. You know how big the fish was right?

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    An employee and his assistant of NRA whose sole jobs are to manipulate the voting process to keep Lapierre in office. Spends tons of money on it and tries to keep ot a secret.

Thats beyond the millions they spend on suits and hundreds of millions on Wayne's home.

Also, the NRA set up a LLC to buy La Pierre a $6.5 million mansion in Dallas and cut a $70K check in the process. That could amount to wire fraud, even though the deal did not go through. It is a throughly corrupted organization.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Are they even relevant in today's post covid antifa world? I haven't heard one policy statement or even an honorable mention from anyone besides this board. it's like they curled up and went poof...

namrelio

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2013
    Frederick Co. Virginia

This.
    They don't have to do anything. The left's politicians fear them because of the number of members. NRA members vote. If the NRA is done, gun owners are done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom