• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Perpetuate

That’s the whole strategy for NRA

Lying bastards just want to keep the “game afoot” so as NOT TO DERAIL THE MONEY TRAIN.

They are the biggest racket around. Unfortunately, many gun clubs require NRA membership before they’ll allow you to be a member of their club.

Stupid is as stupid does. NRA is a false flag operation in my opinion. YMMV

^^THIS^^ The ONLY reason that I am a lifetime member of the NRA is because the range that I’m a member of requires it. I bought the lifetime membership when it was $500 and haven’t sent one cent to them since. They stopped calling me after I made it clear to them that I was only a member because I had to be to meet my gun club’s requirement and that I would not be sending them one cent because they are nothing but a bunch of money squandering sell outs.

win296

Jun 15, 2012
    Baltimore
    Gun owners got played by the NRA and Rep. establishment. The religious right got played by Rep. establishment and Federalist Society. Now BLM is getting played by Dem. establishment and MSM.

Assuming Biden is elected Nov 3, on Nov 4 I’m targeting NRA and Rep. establishment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Oughta call it the TRA... Trump Re-election Association. Everything they're doing is for Trump these days, not gun owners.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Oughta call it the TRA... Trump Re-election Association. Everything they're doing is for Trump these days, not gun owners.

Compared to the alternative and the 2A disaster it would mean in the courts if it’s Biden’s running mate naming the next three or four SCOTUS justices instead of Trump, isn’t that just about the most vital and rational near term priority imaginable?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Compared to the alternative and the 2A disaster it would mean in the courts if it’s Biden’s running mate naming the next three or four SCOTUS justices instead of Trump, isn’t that just about the most vital and rational near term priority imaginable?
    YES

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    MarineGunBuilder is one of the biggest guys building p80s in that state, he's built a YouTube community around homebuilt guns. He's going to donate the destroyed remnants of his lowers to avoid going to prison for the rest of his life. The NRA appears to have used 80% builders as the sacrificial lamb, negotiating the bill's wording.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    MarineGunBuilder is one of the biggest guys building p80s in that state, he's built a YouTube community around homebuilt guns. He's going to donate the destroyed remnants of his lowers to avoid going to prison for the rest of his life. The NRA appears to have used 80% builders as the sacrificial lamb, negotiating the bill's wording.

So is the implication that if the NRA had stayed out of it, the bill would have been worse, or is that that the state government would have made it better for gun owners, left to their own devices?

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    Up the game a notch

Send them a copy of a printed/cancelled check.....with your bank/routing number obscured.....that shows you donating to GOA and/or SAF........and tell them that you WOULD have given it to the NRA except for their corrupt anti liberty practices....and wayne's wardrobe of course

If each and every one of us did this every time we donated to another org then the NRA would get the me$$age loud and clear

Should’ve read one more post. This is gold. With the scrap to weight the return envelope of course.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I'm extremely angry at the GOP, NRA, etc. that I am in the position of almost being forced into voting for a narcissistic incompetent idiot (who's probably also a criminal in various ways) because I don't want my gun rights to go away HOPEFULLY. This situation is the worst, and telling me "what about Biden?" does not make it better.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I'm extremely angry at the GOP, NRA, etc. that I am in the position of almost being forced into voting for a narcissistic incompetent idiot (who's probably also a criminal in various ways) because I don't want my gun rights to go away HOPEFULLY. This situation is the worst, and telling me "what about Biden?" does not make it better.

If you feel bad now, just wait until Elizabeth Warren is head of the Treasury.

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG

Me to.. I'm ashamed to be put in a position of voting for the orange man.:sad20:

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Haven't understood why folks make a big deal of being an NRA member and supporting them over the last several years

herkybird72

2A Defender
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2011
    Freedomland,NC

Unfortunately it is a binary choice. Does anyone on this forum believe that The 2A would still exist with a Billary presidency in 2016 or a Biden victory in 2020? Back to the topic of this thread the NRA has not received a dime from me in the last 3 years and won’t until they reform.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Me to.. I'm ashamed to be put in a position of voting for the orange man.:sad20:

I'm ashamed that half the country and almost the entire media/academia complex is aggressively pursuing a meat puppet candidate and puppeteers so wildly, insanely worse (than Trump) that we have to even contemplate how awful them winning would be. We dodged a bullet with that in 2016, and need to do it again. I would love a philosopher king type genius orator with liberty on his mind as our candidate, but that person doesn't exist (or at least, isn't willing to have his or her life and family ruined by the media). So we do what we must, and decide we really don't take Trump's manners personally. The people on the left shrieking out their TDS are the ones who take it personally, like children always do.

No chief executive is or should be my moral guide, or my personal inspiration, or the person who tells me how or what to do. It's an important gig running one branch of the government, not my daddy. As it happens, considering who and what wants to take over that job, we're fortunate to have a guy who really doesn't care what most people think about him personally. And who is just trying to get shit done despite historically unprecedented - even criminal - push back and sabotage. I don't have to feel personal shame at tolerating his shortcomings, because I didn't make a bad call voting to prevent the Clinton machine from retaking the White House.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I used to be proud of my NRA life membership, and the leather jacket that came with it. I should be able to be proud of having their certification as an RSO. I think they still provide a great service with training and Eddie Eagle. I thought their lobbyist did a good job with us in Annapolis this year. I used to participate in the NRA Roundup program that Midway does.

But then they pull stupid shit like this, and bumpstocks...I can't feel good about their "I am the NRA" stickers anymore :sad20:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Unfortunately it is a binary choice. Does anyone on this forum believe that The 2A would still exist with a Billary presidency in 2016 or a Biden victory in 2020? Back to the topic of this thread the NRA has not received a dime from me in the last 3 years and won’t until they reform.
    I dunno, I heard it wouldn't survive Obama, but lo and behold, it did. The GOP needs to hold the Senate, and it is... unclear to me that Trump is being all that helpful in that endeavor.

Anyone who thinks there's not some reasonable and serious critique of how Trump has conducted himself as president - in terms of his communications, implementation, and policies - is kidding themselves. The NRA backed this guy and got absolutely nothing in return - except a bumpstock ban. To me, that either makes the NRA stupid or incompetent... or very possibly both. Maybe corrupt, too, given who's running the org.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    got absolutely nothing in return - except a bumpstock ban

No, what we got was a reversible executive branch action on one narrow thing when, in the wake of two hugely high profile mass shootings, we were otherwise about to get much MUCH worse actual legislation. Legislation that would have included stuff beyond just the bump stocks. After Vegas, it was going to happen. It got dumbed down and narrowed down to the least bad thing it could have been compared to what there was strong House and enough Senate support to do as actual law.

What happened behind the scenes, to limit the unavoidable damage, was very well documented. Not sure why people forget the relevant details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom