• ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    takes literally a minute or two of your time, pls do this:

Click this link:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/

After filling in the other boxes, just copy/paste the text into the "What would you like to say?" box at the end:

Dear President Trump,

If America's gun owners wanted more gun control, we would have voted for Hillary. We voted for you because you understood that gun control doesn't work and gun-free zones are dangerous. You also said that concealed handgun permit holders should be able to carry in all 50 states. You were a massive breath of fresh air for America.

Please DO NOT GIVE IN on gun control now! It won't help prevent future shootings and it won't satisfy those who hate guns, until all guns have been confiscated. It does interfere with our right to defend ourselves and to enjoy our freedom.

You are being told, for example, to move the age to own a so-called "assault rifle" to 21 because anyone younger is supposedly too immature. But, interesting, you are NOT being told by those same people to move the age to join the military or to vote to 21 because of that same lack of maturity. BTW, "assault rifle" is a misleading term used by the fake-news media to describe a mid-power rifle that is made to merely look like a military rifle.

Also, bump stocks do NOT make a semi-automatic rifle into a machine gun and they have only been misused in the single incident in Nevada in all the years they have been available. A ban on them would be just another brick in the wall of banning all semi-automatic firearms.

Gun control is about controlling people, not saving lives.

But you have offered a solution to preventing school shootings that will work! Allow teachers and other concealed handgun permit holders to carry in schools, something that has been successful in Utah and other states.

You can make all of us safer by pushing Congress to pass National Concealed Carry Reciprocity.

Please, stand strong against all gun control and protect the critically-important right of Americans to keep and bear arms.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    ok then. Lemmesee here.... hmmmm

I get the response below. They are spending billions for the opiod epidemic for prevention, etc. that deals with the addicts but with respect to guns- an enumerated right, it is the guns, not the people that need whatever. Mmmkay, gotcha. Dumaises

...appreciate you taking the time to send your thoughts and suggestions. My staff will share your email with me shortly, and I look forward to responding to it soon.

In 2016, nearly 175 Americans died from a drug overdose each day. Too many of our fellow Americans have been lost due to the scourge of drug abuse. It is plaguing families and communities across our Nation, robbing so many of their potential.

My Administration is fighting the opioid crisis on all fronts. Today we hosted an Opioid Summit at the White House to face this challenge as a national family, with both conviction and unity.

Watch today's summit, or learn more about my Administration’s strategy to combat addiction in America.

Thank you again for taking the time to write....

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Done....

Tis a Mistake to think this Fault [tyranny] is proper only to Monarchies; other Forms of Government are liable to it, as well as that. For where-ever the Power that is put in any hands for the Government of the People, and the Preservation of their Properties, is applied to other ends, and made use of to impoverish, harass, or subdue them to the Arbitrary and Irregular Commands of those that have it: There it presently becomes Tyranny, whether those that thus use it are one or many.
    John Locke

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom