• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clingy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 12, 2017
    After reading the roll of toilet paper that is the new proposed Assault Weapons Ban of 2018, I’m having trouble understanding how grandfathering would work for an unbuilt stripped lower.

Link for context: https://www.scribd.com/document/372469353/Assault-Weapons-Ban-of-2018

If you own a stripped lower receiver with no features and the law passes, can you build a rifle with features afterwards? Or must the rifle be completely built out with all the features you want before the law passes?

Anyone else who’s read it have an understanding of how that would work?

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Not another Ban, it didn't do anything the last time. If your going to ban something then ban the bump stocks, and crank triggers. I would say you have to have it built before the ban takes effect because then it would be considered manufactured.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Not another Ban, it didn't do anything the last time. If your going to ban something then ban the bump stocks, and crank triggers. I would say you have to have it built before the ban takes effect because then it would be considered manufactured.

Comments like that show you are no 2A advocate.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    After reading the roll of toilet paper that is the new proposed Assault Weapons Ban of 2018, I’m having trouble understanding how grandfathering would work for an unbuilt stripped lower.

Link for context: https://www.scribd.com/document/372469353/Assault-Weapons-Ban-of-2018

If you own a stripped lower receiver with no features and the law passes, can you build a rifle with features afterwards? Or must the rifle be completely built out with all the features you want before the law passes?

Anyone else who’s read it have an understanding of how that would work?

Until a final bill is complete it's all mental masturbation. It can't be debated because the final version can end up as anything.

The old AWB was enforced as saying a lower had to be in a "Assault Weapon" configuration before the Ban to qualify as a "Pre Ban". There was no way to tell prove that. People went by the manufacturing date/serial # (a letter to the manufacturer would result in a letter stating the birth date of the receiver/firearm).

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    That is your opinion, I have mine. I don't want every semi-auto bannned. I said if it had to be a choice.

Banning Bumpstocks means they redefine the meaning of machinegun, which means they will use the new definition to ban semi autos next.

Full Auto and Semi Auto is clearly defined. When you use "rate of fire" as a new definition then all semi autos are in jeopardy if they can be readily modified for increased rate of fire.

What is an acceptable rate of fire? Well it will be whatever they want just like magazine capacity.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I would have rather have a useless item banned than all semi-auto firearms. Seems you would rather lose everything.

When your-so-called useless item are banned, and there is another shooting, they will scream ***WE BANNED USELESS ITEMS*** and people are still dying.

Then they'll want to ban what your so-called useless items were attached to.

People need to wake up and recognize what's really taking place. Instead of choosing the lesser of several evils.

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Lets not worry about the possible outcomes and lets fight them upfront.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    What is an acceptable rate of fire? Well it will be whatever they want just like magazine capacity.

They already tipped their hat. The goal is to ban anything capable of shooting 150 rounds in 7-8 minutes. Next it will be 150 rounds in 10 minutes and then 15 minutes. In no uncertain terms, the goal is to ban *all* firearms. Any statements they make to the contrary are blatant lies.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    No wonder why you all lose some many people on this forum. People gripe about Hogan, and say you will not vote for him because he can't do what you want him to do. So you would rather have another Dem as Governor and continue to have the MGA ran by the Dems so there is no hope to undo some of the crappy laws the have instituted. And again I said if it has to be a choice. This bump stock issue is what is bring up cyclic rate, that is not being ignorant. That is being attentive to what the Dems are trying to do. I don't want anything banned.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    ^^^^^^^
    I would rather have a useless item banned than all semi-auto firearms. Seems you would rather lose everything.

Either you want something banned or you don't want something banned.

PS: Who gets to establish the "Cyclic Rate" baseline and what would that baseline be? I really wish people would start thinking several moves ahead.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    When your-so-called useless item are banned, and there is another shooting, they will scream ***WE BANNED USELESS ITEMS*** and people are still dying.

Then they'll want to ban what your so-called useless items were attached to.

People need to wake up and recognize what's really taking place. Instead of choosing the lesser of several evils.

Once again, I said if push come to shove. Geez...

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    What's taking place in incrementalism and infringement. Plain and simple.

The left will not stop, EVER, until they have made civilian ownership of firearms illegal. They're like the Terminator.

Concur, we have to do this as a team.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    No wonder why you all lose some many people on this forum. People gripe about Hogan, and say you will not vote for him because he can't do what you want him to do. So you would rather have another Dem as Governor and continue to have the MGA ran by the Dems so there is no hope to undo some of the crappy laws the have instituted. And again I said if it has to be a choice. This bump stock issue is what is bring up cyclic rate, that is not being ignorant. That is being attentive to what the Dems are trying to do. I don't want anything banned.

Lose people? What people and how long have you been keeping track?

Comments like that show you are no 2A advocate.

This entire post shows that...if you comply with illegal infringement you are part of the problem...It sounds to me like the OP wants to make sure he's in compliance with illegal gun laws...

This is the reason why democrats feel they can run rough shod over gun owners...because many are more than willing to sh*t on their own rights..and by doing so embolden the left to take and take...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom