• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    No more trading. If the court says yes, yes means yes.

It's just a matter of time until "shall not be infringed" means exactly what it says. The other side just needs to keep following their playbook and continue to piss off the judges.
    The bump stock issue isn't going to be decided on 2A grounds FYI. I'm not sure about them winning on those grounds.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    The R's did control everything a few short years ago and nothing came of it.
    No, they didn't. Chuck Schumer still controlled the senate by way of the GOP not having a filibuster-proof majority. You don't have control unless you actually have control.
    the GOP could have 75 Senators and 350 Reps in the house and this still would have zero chance of passing
    Why? If they had that sort of support for such a bill in the caucus and had control of the described supermajority (which would be veto-proof), I'm not sure what you're saying would be the roadblock. Academic, of course, because that supermajority is a pipe dream.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    They could get it done as part of the debt ceiling kabuki theater. I wish they would. There are few opportunities like the debt ceiling debate to advance 2A civil rights.
    Would be awesome to sneak things like a repeal of the Hughes amendment or universal reciprocity into one. At least from then out at least someone would read the bill, or stop writing 1,000 page bills to fix a toilet in the capitol building. Had a teacher do that to make sure we actually read the assignment, page after page of blah-blah-blah, and snuck in there somewhere "the answer to question twenty four is tacos".

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017
    Would be awesome to sneak things like a repeal of the Hughes amendment or universal reciprocity into one. At least from then out at least someone would read the bill, or stop writing 1,000 page bills to fix a toilet in the capitol building. Had a teacher do that to make sure we actually read the assignment, page after page of blah-blah-blah, and snuck in there somewhere "the answer to question twenty four is tacos".
    Smart teacher.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    No, they didn't. Chuck Schumer still controlled the senate by way of the GOP not having a filibuster-proof majority. You don't have control unless you actually have control.

Why? If they had that sort of support for such a bill in the caucus and had control of the described supermajority (which would be veto-proof), I'm not sure what you're saying would be the roadblock. Academic, of course, because that supermajority is a pipe dream.
    My point was simply the GOP would never pass such a bill. Not enough of them believe in freedom, ask Mitt Romney. Hope I am wrong about this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom