• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MG-70

Jul 8, 2007
    MoCo
    nothing made the neighbors scream like dressing a deer carcass on your front lawn in Libtardistan.

eek. dead Bambi

:lol2:

"Honey, quick, take the kids inside and call the cops! They're going to be traumatized for life if they see this."

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Know your carnivores:

Attachments

• 1d8kds.jpg
      1d8kds.jpg
      78.9 KB · Views: 281
    • 1d8kh2.jpg
      1d8kh2.jpg
      53.2 KB · Views: 280

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    What I recall is parents raised a $250K , then MSI was going to kick in $1M , for return of 1000 hours use. I think the entire arrangement died.
    That's a shame, because if they actually had put in turf then maybe they'd quit coming over and ruining the turf fields at SAES. When I worked there, I actually saw organized practices from Churchill over there without authorization. I do believe that the two schools have come to an understanding on that point at least, but SAES still sees plenty of "poaching" from the community around there. Dragging goals around without the proper equipment and sleds on the fields tears the living hell out of them. My favorite are the folks who walk their little yappy dogs on the turf fields and let them do their business right there on million-plus dollar fields.... :sad20:

When you define better school, do you mean so academically? The schools with the worst scores get funded more per student than schools in Potomac. They are already taking tons of money from affluent areas for their schools. What kind of property tax you think the people around Wheaton Woods ES pay? 90% of students there get fed, free after school care, taught in Spanish etc. That adds up at some schools to 2x cost per student than Potomac or Bethesda schools.

I wonder what the actual instructional and plant and property dollar breakdown is though. FARM dollars, before and after-care dollars, etc. go to separate but necessary lines of the budget. You can't really take meal dollars and apply them to new desks or smart boards in a budget accounting system. Not saying that what you've stated isn't true, I just think it'd be interesting for a straight-up apples-to-apples comparison on money spent on actual instruction and environment. Not that I have much of a dog in the fight one way or another. My kid will be going to SAES next year for pre-school and will likely stay there at least into kindergarten. After that, he's off to Little Bennett which is fantastic now that they've built the other elementary schools in Clarksburg and gotten rid of the portables, etc.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I wonder what the actual instructional and plant and property dollar breakdown is though. FARM dollars, before and after-care dollars, etc. go to separate but necessary lines of the budget. You can't really take meal dollars and apply them to new desks or smart boards in a budget accounting system. Not saying that what you've stated isn't true, I just think it'd be interesting for a straight-up apples-to-apples comparison on money spent on actual instruction and environment. Not that I have much of a dog in the fight one way or another. My kid will be going to SAES next year for pre-school and will likely stay there at least into kindergarten. After that, he's off to Little Bennett which is fantastic now that they've built the other elementary schools in Clarksburg and gotten rid of the portables, etc.

The numbers are all available at MCPS site. The cost per pupil I do not believe includes the food. It is the "human capital" costs per student to teach is the main point. The less fortunate are being anything but screwed in that measure.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Bear and cub sighted early this morning at red mark. Bear and cub were on street. Not much woodland around, they must follow the creek.

BpBYnfz.jpg

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    nothing made the neighbors scream like dressing a deer carcass on your front lawn in Libtardistan.

eek. dead Bambi

:lol2:
    Which is why one does it in a garage after backing the pickup inside for unloading :-) Thank God I escaped from the PRMC and sought sanctuary in Calvert.

nomade

Apr 26, 2014
    Bear and cub sighted early this morning at red mark. Bear and cub were on street. Not much woodland around, they must follow the creek.

BpBYnfz.jpg

That bear was looking for trouble...
    It was found in "Hunter" Creek.... lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom