• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • https://www.sgammo.com/product/223-...-fmj-tulammo-steel-case-brass-jacket-non-magn

Thoughts? Other than the chamber and receiver getting dirtier, do you think this ammo would preserve the barrel a bit in an ar15 longer given it has a "copper" jacket. I haven't been able to find anything to confirm or deny this.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    Exactly. Unless you are planning on shooting more than 5000 rounds at a high rate of fire out of your AR before replacing the barrel, bi-metal or copper jacket doesn't appear to matter much. So no need to worry about preserving the barrel. They also concluded the bi-metal stuff is cheaper even if you have to replace the barrel.

Exactly. Unless you are planning on shooting more than 5000 rounds at a high rate of fire out of your AR before replacing the barrel, bi-metal or copper jacket doesn't appear to matter much. So no need to worry about preserving the barrel. They also concluded the bi-metal stuff is cheaper even if you have to replace the barrel.
    Probably a good idea to have spare extractor parts too then. Looks like I have a shopping list now.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom